• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Rubiliares

pavlosmacwolf

Reaction score
Sorry to open thread on this topic, but i am angrier than i have been in years over this incident, so i need to vent.
First, i am verging on apopletic that rubiales grabbing his crotch has simply slid under the radar, he was next to the queen and more importnt by far, her 16 year old daughter.
First point i would have decked him on the spot, my daughter or not.
What is so much worse, and i except that at 70, i am well out of woke and PC, to the point i am in a place where i am not sure i understand the need for either,
But..... this gesture, i assume, aimed at the victorious spanish team, and in the era i grew up in, simply says....
"Yeah, come and get some of this girls, i'm the man."
It is 2023 and as such this is so deplorable i am dumb struck, it has slipped out of the limelight.
Once again my apologies for opening this thread if it offends the usual subjects, but ffs doesnt anyone else out there see this for how appalling it is from the president of the Spanizh FA. He has ruined a fabulous achievement for these ladies, and for that alone he should be fired.

Why should opening the thread offend “the usual suspects”? The man is a grade A cunt, and I doubt you will see a lot of disagreement.

Some of what I've seen from the stills / clips would be instant dismissal in the workplace

It wasn't just the kiss though , as all media reports are constantly bringing up , there was far more than that as the first poster here has referred to .

What's gone under the radar? He's done so much heinous shit, it's all been recorded and stated. There's no need to whatabout it or compare which kiss, crotch grab, marriage in Ibiza proposal or fireman carry is worse.

It's a whole institutional mess and problem which is clear by the way the whole Federation has backed him from that press conference, the pr statements, the photoshopped "proofs", the list goes on: we're now getting the lid lifted on all sorts of corruption with the Saudi Arabia stuff.

For the record too: the "woke and pc" brigade would have been saying just listen to what the women players were trying to tell people, as far back as when the old coach and Rubiales' predecessor at RFEF was in power (There's a documentary on YT that's worth a watch). A lot could have been avoided, same with any of these stories. Not everything gets caught on multiple cameras with a whole world watching.

Hopefull it causes a bit more self-reflection in all of us, and it can be a positive springboard to change (#SeAcebo - Enough is Enough). The biggest thing it's swept under the carpet, is the abuse the Zambian coach got up to during the WWC as well. There's a FIFA investigation open there and it should probably be criminal too.

What's gone under the radar? He's done so much heinous shit, it's all been recorded and stated. There's no need to whatabout it or compare which kiss, crotch grab, marriage in Ibiza proposal or fireman carry is worse.

It's a whole institutional mess and problem which is clear by the way the whole Federation has backed him from that press conference, the pr statements, the photoshopped "proofs", the list goes on: we're now getting the lid lifted on all sorts of corruption with the Saudi Arabia stuff.

For the record too: the "woke and pc" brigade would have been saying just listen to what the women players were trying to tell people, as far back as when the old coach and Rubiales' predecessor at RFEF was in power (There's a documentary on YT that's worth a watch). A lot could have been avoided, same with any of these stories. Not everything gets caught on multiple cameras with a whole world watching.

Hopefull it causes a bit more self-reflection in all of us, and it can be a positive springboard to change (#SeAcebo - Enough is Enough). The biggest thing it's swept under the carpet, is the abuse the Zambian coach got up to during the WWC as well. There's a FIFA investigation open there and it should probably be criminal too.
The Zambian coach is being investigated as he should be, no doctored photos or denials issued by FAZ as far as i know. Not sure how that equates as to
The biggest thing it's swept under the carpet, is the abuse the Zambian coach got up to during the WWC as well

It just highlights the issues women face reporting absue. I have worked with students who have been subjected to abuse and worse sadly, zero have had their offenders convicted. Your general fan on twitter seems to confuse "not guilty" with "didn't happen or she had lied." rather than it meaning there isnt enough evidence for a conviction, or understanding how rare convinctions are.

There is undeniable video evidence, the player explained she didn't appreciate it amd didn't want it almost immediately, other players joined in with support and stories, yet its still being openly denied. The whole "she embraced him and lifted him with the embrace" etc is frankly embarrassing, utterly overshadowed an incredible achievement for the players.

The Zambian coach is being investigated as he should be, no doctored photos or denials issued by FAZ as far as i know. Not sure how that equates as to
The media coverage hasn't been the same at all, or the global attention. The Spanish story is huge, but it has overshadowed other bad news that came out of that tournament.

The media coverage hasn't been the same at all, or the global attention. The Spanish story is huge, but it has overshadowed other bad news that came out of that tournament.
For many reasons media coverage has been different (could spend ages on that), none of which means it was swept under the carpet - that implies those in positions of power preventing it being investigated.

Greenwood going to Getafe, obviously not linked, but not a good look in the wider climate

No wonder Jonny didn't want to go there.

No wonder Jonny didn't want to go there.
In fairness, you didn’t need that (compelling) reason not to go to Getafe. Watching them ‘play’ is scarcely believable.

They had that horrendous BK sponsor for a while, too. In hindsight, a major red flag.

Resigned, rather randomly in an interview with Piers Morgan

Back