• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Ticketing Question - Not asking for you to sell me tickets

Orlandomagic2525

Reaction score
Hello, first my apologies in advance for being confused by the ticketing system (and if this isn't the right place to ask.) So, we are trying to figure out the ticketing system... What does being a "member" entitle you to? Does everyone in your group need to be a member, or could I buy 4 tickets? We are looking to take a family trip to the UK from the US because my son is a huge Wolves fan (full kit, up at 6:00 am to watch the matches, his picture has been featured on My Premier League Mornings, etc..) when all of his friends are Man City or Arsenal fans. The main reason for the trip would be to attend a game at Molinuex. We would be coming during the 24/25 season, and don't even know who the opponent will be, so this isn't a visiting fan trying to scam tickets. Also, I found tickets on seatpick.com. Are these legit like Stubhub or SeatGeek in the US, or would I need to show a membership card or something with the tickets. Again, just trying to figure out how to get tickets, not asking for someone to sell me their tickets.

Membership only entitles you to 1 ticket. You don't have to be a member, but you pretty much have no chance of getting 4 tickets together unless you are and even then for a league game it'd be a stretch. The only official resale is through the club and then it would be the last 3 or 4 weeks before the game and realistically you aren't getting 4 together. Your mainstream options without membership are corporate which obviously comes with a heavy price or a cup game. The alternative would be writing to the club explaining your situation and seeing if anything comes through that route. I've been to NFL games through resale months in advance, it's definitely easier, but then a 3rd party is taking a massive cut so can see it both ways.

Membership only entitles you to 1 ticket. You don't have to be a member, but you pretty much have no chance of getting 4 tickets together unless you are and even then for a league game it'd be a stretch. The only official resale is through the club and then it would be the last 3 or 4 weeks before the game and realistically you aren't getting 4 together. Your mainstream options without membership are corporate which obviously comes with a heavy price or a cup game. The alternative would be writing to the club explaining your situation and seeing if anything comes through that route
Thank you! Obviously, Cup games are problematic because of the limited lead time to get a family of 4 over from the states. However, I have seen those ticket are more readily available through the emails from the team. "Official" resale is a requirement? Or, can you purchase tickets from one of the online sites? (This is so different from the States, where even the Green Bay Packers who have 100,000 fans on the waiting list for tickets allow tickets to be sold through all sorts of ticket resale methods.) Seriously, thank you for the information!

You aren't officially allowed to sell tickets through a 3rd party site. Not saying they aren't genuine, but you'd be taking a risk. For instance season ticket holders access the game through smart cards not etickets so I don't know know how you'd move those on through someone like Stubhub. I've just checked and you could theoretically get tickets for the West Ham game near to where I sit for £130 each, which would be treble face value. Logistically I don't know how that would work unless the club are selling tickets to 3rd party sites before they go to fans which I think we'd have heard about if that was the case

Thank you, that's helpful. (I just went through part of the purchase process on SeatPick, which took me to StubHub International, and it says that they are an electronic transfer.) I'd hate to spend as much as I would have to, plus the crazy expensive fees, only to have the tickets not be honored. There are times when I need to sell my tickets and can through any resale site, although the teams all have one preferred site. We also have scalpers outside of every venue selling tickets to people who show up looking to buy, Anyway... Looks like we may need to all become members, so we can buy tickets. I would hate to risk not having tickets be honored. I assume membership doesn't guarantee the ability to buy, but is it extremely difficult (understanding that I should avoid big rivalries and the bigger teams)? Thank you again this has been very helpful, and I appreciate your insight.

Membership pretty much guarantees ability to buy, but I would reach out to the club if I were you as I believe there is always a provision of tickets for international fans and it might not be necessary to pay for four memberships on top of your ticket cost. Check out worldwide.wolves.co.uk

Membership pretty much guarantees ability to buy, but I would reach out to the club if I were you as I believe there is always a provision of tickets for international fans and it might not be necessary to pay for four memberships on top of your ticket cost. Check out worldwide.wolves.co.uk
Thank you so much!

They've stopped doing that. Coincidentally around the same time loads of Koreans started coming over for single games, forcing them to buy memberships & match tickets.

I think your best bet is to write to or email the club. Otherwise, each becoming a member is the only way to do it. Tickets for most games are generally available even a day or two before a match, a batch of a few hundred become available on-line. But its harder when we play the bigger clubs.

How old is your boy? Depending on your family situation, if you want to experience a proper Wolverhampton match, you'd be welcome to join us pre-match and we would of course look after you. Of course, you may well just want to go straight to the game itself.

Definitely write to the club and see if they can accommodate you on one of the lesser category games (most likely).

Tell them you want to do the stadium tour, visit the club shop and eat in Sir Jack's as well. The more you tell them you might spend, then the more they could be open to sorting something out for you.

Maybe sign the lad up to be a mascot..?

Emailing the club won't work. The best you'll get is a reply with a link to the membership page.

As I said, they don't hold back tickets for international fans now.

We used to charge around £300. Probably gone up since then.

Not many clubs do the mascot stuff for free...even though they should really

More have moved to free from the last figures released. Shamed into it....luckily for our bank balance, Jeff has no shame.

I presume for the £450 they get their money worth? Kit, tickets for the fam, food, opportunity to tell Doc he is a bit shit etc etc

Last edited:
I'm a member - some games go to general sale but it would be very difficult to get four sat together, and you risk being exposed to the elements in the Graham Hughes stand if you are able to (this stand is not under cover).

Your best bet is to buy memberships through the club and also the tickets through the club on their website. If you check in advance, you can see what date and time the tickets go on sale to members. I would recommend going on as soon as they go on sale for four together - it really depends on who we are playing at the time, some can sell out quite quickly and others slowly. You would need one membership per ticket.
Depending on how old your son is, the family enclosure (Billy Wright lower) seems to sell out less quickly than other parts of the ground.

All that, but you have to be a member or sth first. @Mel Evo's daughter did it last season so is the man in the know
Hey @Orlandomagic2525 - let me know if you want any thoughts on the mascot operation. It was both unpleasantly expensive and really good. We'd been waiting for about 5 years to do it though and were on a waiting list, though perhaps they've worked their way through the post-covid logjam now? That was last season and there were then 3 different price brackets depending on the opposition - don't mind saying I went for the cheapest as my kids are brainwashed into having no interest in big clubs anyway and only want Wolves to win, which we did, so it was a win all round. Get there at about noon for a 3pm, tickets for the child plus 3 adults (some cost mitigation there in fairness), lunch for everyone plus the full replica kit for junior, a whole bunch of swag, meet the players and get autographs and photos when they arrive, then on the pitch for a bit of footy before parading about and finally walking out with the team. Player allocation pot luck dependent on height.

Given I had two kids mascots and there was no way I could off-set our 4 season tickets I ended up taking a party of 12 to that match so less interested relatives got dragged into a wider family get together!

If you're interested in more let me know, but emailing mascots@wolves.co.uk is your best bet.

I mean, I should add that it was a wonderful day I'll never forget.

Back