• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

O'Neil Confirmed

If we'd been mid table in the Championship and appointed O'Neil we'd have been underwhelmed.

We shouldn't be surprised though, Hobbs wanted Beale, it was only luck and his enormous ego that stopped that mistake.

At least Beale had a 'next big thing' buzz about him, and the sense he was a big part in Gerrard's Rangers success and was highly spoken of as a progressive coach ready for the step up (however much of that was hype). There would have actually been a level of excitement and anticipation about him taking the job.

No-one lauds GON except xenophobic media luvvies who think Allardyce and Floppychops still deserve a chance at every mid-lower PL vacancy.

He's not even Garry Monk-level FFS

If we'd been mid table in the Championship and appointed O'Neil we'd have been underwhelmed.

We shouldn't be surprised though, Hobbs wanted Beale, it was only luck and his enormous ego that stopped that mistake.
I wonder if Hobbs will be binned with O'Neil when GoN fails.

I wonder if Hobbs will be binned with O'Neil when GoN fails.
Hobbs should only be binned by the new Exec Chairman.

Staggered Jeff is still in his role. Ignoring he is probably meeting the basics of his brief from Fosun, 2 big things should be giving Guo and co huge red flags

1) Fosun are stopping the spending but we have wasted millions. 2 signings from last summer alone = £50m down the pisser
2) He has now fallen out with 2 head coaches. 1 of those head coaches lifted us to heights we could only previously dream of and the other had the ability to return us there.

At least Beale had a 'next big thing' buzz about him, and the sense he was a big part in Gerrard's Rangers success and was highly spoken of as a progressive coach ready for the step up (however much of that was hype). There would have actually been a level of excitement and anticipation about him taking the job.

No-one lauds GON except xenophobic media luvvies who think Allardyce and Floppychops still deserve a chance at every mid-lower PL vacancy.

He's not even Garry Monk-level FFS
Instead of appointing Portuguese caretaker shite we've appointed British caretaker shite

Hobbs should only be binned by the new Exec Chairman.

Staggered Jeff is still in his role. Ignoring he is probably meeting the basics of his brief from Fosun, 2 big things should be giving Guo and co huge red flags

1) Fosun are stopping the spending but we have wasted millions. 2 signings from last summer alone = £50m down the pisser
2) He has now fallen out with 2 head coaches. 1 of those head coaches lifted us to heights we could only previously dream of and the other had the ability to return us there.
I hope that's soon as Fosun sell up.

However I think Hobbs man is O'Neil and when he spectacularly fails after 10 games I think the Chinese bin them both.

O'Neil is 100% the choice of Hobbs.

Jeff has gone into hiding. It would be a brilliant show of ego if Jeff fired Hobbs though if/when GO fails and he carried on as normal

However I think Hobbs man is O'Neil and when he spectacularly fails after 10 games I think the Chinese bin them both.
I just don't see a dramatically poor performance from GoN.

He'd need to lose 7 or 8 of those 10 games to be sacked that early, do you honestly think that'll happen?

Do you think Fosun know enough about football to know this is the case though?

Shi is their eyes and ears, he knows more about football than the rest of their operation (!) Who would be telling Guo/Fosun that your perfectly valid points in 1 or 2 are the case? Certainly in the case of point 2 it's subjective?

Shi is their eyes and ears, he knows more about football than the rest of their operation (!) Who would be telling Guo/Fosun that your perfectly valid points in 1 or 2 are the case? Certainly in the case of point 2 it's subjective?
Jorge Mendes

Don't need to know about football to spot massive waste of resources though.

Fosun don't know a lot about many of the companies they own/invest in and rely on advisors etc

Jorge and his crew have acted as their ears/eyes before. They have contacts with people in football, obviously not linked with us but people who can lean in and say "something not right there". It was people like Peter Kenyon who helped them find clubs in the UK.

If Fosun are 100% only listening to Jeff then they have an issue. That issue is the millions they have put into the club will have very little chance of returning to them.

Don't need to know about football to spot massive waste of resources though.

Fosun don't know a lot about many of the companies they own/invest in and rely on advisors etc

Jorge and his crew have acted as their ears/eyes before. They have contacts with people in football, obviously not linked with us but people who can lean in and say "something not right there". It was people like Peter Kenyon who helped them find clubs in the UK.

If Fosun are 100% only listening to Jeff then they have an issue. That issue is the millions they have put into the club will have very little chance of returning to them.
I think Fosun are 100% listening to Jeff, else Jeff wouldn't be at the club any more.

Just putting out there that the tactics O’Neil used at Bournemouth are not the only tactics he can ever use again.

Granted, that can break bad as easily as it can work out well. But it’s funny to me how quickly the guy is getting pigeon-holed and given very little benefit of the doubt in terms of his ability to improve as a manager.

He'd need to lose 7 or 8 of those 10 games to be sacked that early, do you honestly think that'll happen?
I do:

Utd, Brighton, Everton, Palace, Liverpool, City, Villa and Newcastle will all be losses.

Point against Luton and maybe Bournemouth away.

If we can't beat Everton or Luton he deserves to be sacked tbh.

Just putting out there that the tactics O’Neil used at Bournemouth are not the only tactics he can ever use again.

Granted, that can break bad as easily as it can work out well. But it’s funny to me how quickly the guy is getting pigeon-holed and given very little benefit of the doubt in terms of his ability to improve as a manager.

He's pigeon-holed because he has little to no managerial career to speak of, so that's all we have to go on.

Most managers aren't good enough and don't improve enough to be able to manage at this elite level with much success, so it'd be wishful thinking rather than the benefit of the doubt.

Of course, he may well turn out to be Pep II, just like I may win the Lotto tomorrow night

Didn't you say the same about Lage?

Back