• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

O'Neil Confirmed

Underwhelming. But nailed on.

Wish him all the best, hope he succeeds and proves the majority wrong.

Don’t think he will, but will happily be proven wrong. My opinion just based on he’s a no one, with the real track record to speak of. Did a decent job for Bournemouth I felt, but isn’t what we need with the type of players we have IMO

Nevertheless, go well Mr O’Neil

Wolves' sporting director Matt Hobbs issued the following statement when Gary O'Neil's arrival at Molineux was confirmed: “We’re delighted to welcome Gary to the club. He’s a highly motivated young coach with strong principles and very well thought of by everyone he has worked with, and we’re excited to see what we can achieve together at Wolves.

Completely unqualified for the job
Depends, in Fosun's eyes we need someone who is happy not to have a lot of money, won't rock the boat and appears able to keep us up given he did exactly that with a weaker squad last season.

In Fosun's eyes hes perfectly qualified.

Why do clubs insist on giving such stupid contracts to managers, when the shelf life of most of them is probably 18 months tops?

Not a lot to be said that hasn't already been done so. The 3 year contract just adds to the strangeness, you only offer that if you are convinced of his brilliance or he wouldn't take the job without it. There's not enough evidence irrespective of how he may have interviewed for the first and if it were the second we should have told him to jog on.

Despite my reservations I hope he does well, Wolves winning makes me happier than moaning about them not doing so online

Probably on about £500k pa!

R.4b118253622f57fb0d2cb22be137c7b1

Best of luck, Gaz. Think you might need it.

Well here we go again… I wish Gary all the best but I expect the departures to continue. I can’t see Joao Gomes, Cunha & Nunes being happy with recent events

Wishing the guy all the best but I’m asking him for the lottery numbers for Saturday.

EEEeeek. How much would the pay off for him and his staff be?
A lot but then we didn't actually sack him, he wanted to go so presumably a mutual parting of the ways? Would we still have to pay him something?

Why do clubs insist on giving such stupid contracts to managers, when the shelf life of most of them is probably 18 months tops?

I've never understood this either. Rarely do they get poached and you get big money, unless Chelsea want them.

Back