• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Chelsea (H) 24/12: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
Festive fayre against the ultimate all fur coat and no knickers team.

If we play like we did against Newcastle and Spurs, we have a fair chance of winning. If we play like we did in any of the last four games, we'll probably lose.

O'Neil says Sa won't be out for long so hopefully that extends to him being available here, Bentley simply isn't an option as any shot on target is a lottery. Neto only off the bench surely. Back to three CHs as it should have been yesterday, pick your battles on that one, Gaz.

---------------------------------Sa----------------------------

-----------------S Bueno------Dawson-----Kilman---------

Semedo------------Lemina--------Doyle---------Ait-Nouri

-----------------------------Sarabia------------------------------

----------------------Cunha--------Hwang--------------------

2022/23: W 1-0 (H), L 0-3 (A)
2021/22: D 0-0 (H), D 2-2 (A)
2020/21: W 2-1 (H), D 0-0 (A)
2019/20: L 2-5 (H), L 0-2 (A)
2018/19: W 2-1 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2016/17: L 0-2 (H, FAC)
2012/13: L 0-6 (A, LC)
2011/12: L 1-2 (H), L 0-3 (A)
2010/11: W 1-0 (H), L 0-2 (A)
2009/10: L 0-2 (H), L 0-4 (A)
2003/04: L 0-5 (H), L 2-5 (A)
1993/94: L 0-1 (A, FAC)

We have to stop playing Hwang on the right - the problem is without someome to help Semedo there we have less than zero attackign capability on that side.

Yeah the XI picks itself if they're all fit.

Hwang needs to play on the left though with Cunha through the middle.

Knowing our luck this will be the game where Nkunku is ready to make his debut and will start banging them in.

I have a feeling Neto will start and they've been holding him back until he can.

I would like to see Jinky's team, but he doesn't seem to trust Sasa at all to start a match.

Need to ignore the name, should be aiming to win here. Our record against Chelsea is decent.

My first game at Molinuex since end of last season! Will be good to be back.

I would like to see Jinky's team, but he doesn't seem to trust Sasa at all to start a match.
Sasa started against Sheff Utd and was really poor, he had around 30 mins v Fulham too and wasn't much better. Since then I understand why he's barely featured.

Sasa started against Sheff Utd and was really poor, he had around 30 mins v Fulham too and wasn't much better. Since then I understand why he's barely featured.
We don't use him properly though.

If in 2008 we'd asked Chris Iwelumo to exactly copy what Andy Keogh did then he'd have looked bloody awful.

We don't use him properly though.

If in 2008 we'd asked Chris Iwelumo to exactly copy what Andy Keogh did then he'd have looked bloody awful.
I appreciate that, but we haven't got the players around him to play to his strengths either.

I appreciate that, but we haven't got the players around him to play to his strengths either.
Wouldn't Hwang be a reasonable archetype to play off him? Granted, it's hardly foolproof, but we've got to endeavour to have some kind of alternative plan as recent weeks have been really one-dimensional going forward (sometimes 'one' has been a bit hard to discern).

Last edited:
I’d be starting Cunha deeper. Could seen yesterday at times him dropping deeper and then Sarabia in effect being the number 9.

5/3 at the back, Cunha in behind hwang and another would be my take. Crying out for a number 9.

I’d be starting Cunha deeper. Could seen yesterday at times him dropping deeper and then Sarabia in effect being the number 9.

5/3 at the back, Cunha in behind hwang and another would be my take. Crying out for a number 9.
Holy lack of width Carsyman.

I'd disagree with that, I think Hwang and Cunha could play off Sasa in a 3 much like Bayern do with Kane and Liverpool did with Firmino. The three behind then pick themselves.

Does mean going 4 at the back mind...

Holy lack of width Carsyman.
I get that, however it’s kind of where we are with the players available. Ofcourse that changes if Neto is fit.

Without Neto, you’re effectively putting a square peg in on the right. Ran offers width of the left and has more licence with the back 3. Semedo is Semedo.

Even without neto, farming hwang out to right wing takes away nearly all of his few pluses.

After watching us on Sunday Poch will be telling them to shoot from anywhere :(

Hwang had a go in goals last week in training. He looked shit....I would start him in goal

However, Liam's article from the presser today

1703168240066.png

Puts Neto at 75% chance of playing after training all week

75% . . .he'll hardly start if that's the case .
We need Sa back big time .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back