• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

O'Neil Confirmed

It started badly, it tailed off a little in the middle and the less said about the end the better — but apart from that........
Our transfer window?

That's handy as I dislike watching him play football. He's just dreadful, there's no mystery at play.

The available evidence suggests this is a bad appointment that hasn't been thought through properly and he'll be an easy fall guy if we start badly. Of course I hope he's better than I expect he is but it seems a fairly forlorn hope. I mean if we signed Martyn Waghorn you wouldn't say "he might get 20 goals, you never know".
Weirdly enough, I think Fabio might actually be the better comparison, because he's sort of done the job, but not really. Similar to O'Neil, IMV.

No welcome from me. Nowhere near equipped to do the job and I think his time here will be mercifully short.

Gone in the October sacking season after the loss against Villa at home.

At the start of the window I was worried about selling/releasing players as I was worried about who we may (or if) replace them with.

I didn't expect that to be the case with the manager!!

Sub elite manager who has managed the best clubs and players in the world in the top leagues, to inexperienced, yes man who was sacked by Bournemouth because they know they can do better.

Aces.

Joke appointment.

I didn’t want Saunders, I didn’t want Zenga, I didn’t want Lage and I don’t want O’Neil. He will be about as successful as the others on that list.

No way he lasts the season.

Reasons to be positive.

O'Neil has a 100% managerial success record at Molineux.

McNumpty and Michael Owen have both predicted relegation.

McNumpty and Michael Owen have both predicted relegation.
Think the Guardian are going to as well. They're going team by team and have got as far as Forest. Luton are the only team they've put down so far to be in the bottom three, you'd imagine Sheff Utd will be another and then us.

I don't actually agree, O'Neil or not. I would say we've definitely increased our chances of dropping by virtue of this appointment but that's not the same thing.

I wonder if we'll get one of those videos of him arriving - Lage looking thoroughly disinterested and checking his phone, Lop walking around displaying his knowledge of the players whilst trying to reinjure Matheus's shoulder, O'Neil walking in and nobody batting an eyelid or thinking he's there to clean the windows

Current odds (using Bet365, others will vary slightly):

Luton 1/3
Sheff Utd 4/7
Wolves 9/4
Nottm Forest 5/2
Bournemouth 5/2
Everton 3/1
Fulham 7/2
Burnley 7/2
Crystal Palace 7/1
Brentford 8/1
West Ham 9/1

Everton and Burnley look a fair bit long to me there.

Think the Guardian are going to as well. They're going team by team and have got as far as Forest. Luton are the only team they've put down so far to be in the bottom three, you'd imagine Sheff Utd will be another and then us.

I don't actually agree, O'Neil or not. I would say we've definitely increased our chances of dropping by virtue of this appointment.

Will create the siege mentality. Stick all the predictions on the dressing room wall and GON will have them fighting liked Wolves to prove them all wrong.
As for the Guardian they are going downhill fast since @YoungWolf left. They're blagardding us today for having two betting sponsors on our shirts in the review of the kits.

Back