• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Everton (H) 30/12: Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
Keep that momentum rolling, we didn't look like we were running on fumes last night and Everton had a tougher game on the same night.

They're doing well - would be above us without their deduction, and everyone agrees we're doing fine - but there's no mystery whatsoever about them.

Dawson back in for me if fit (not sold at all on Santi as yet) and we can use Neto off the bench. Hopefully Hwang is ok, he seemed in reasonable spirits post-match and O'Neil suggested he was already moving better.

2023/24: W 1-0 (A)
2022/23: D 1-1 (H), W 2-1 (A)
2021/22: W 2-1 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2020/21: L 1-2 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2019/20: W 3-0 (H), L 2-3 (A)
2018/19: D 2-2 (H), W 3-1 (A)
2011/12: D 0-0 (H), L 1-2 (A)
2010/11: L 0-3 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2009/10: D 0-0 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2003/4: W 2-1 (H), L 0-2 (A)

Santi is a tough one, may just need a run of games to keep getting acclimated, but you can scarcely afford that in a CB (see Collins yesterday for quickly that can go sideways at that position).

I know he's technically to blame for Brentford's goal but the more I've seen it back, the more I think it's just well worked. The first time pass into Wissa caught me out at least as badly as it did Santi, and Wissa's finish was hardly a spanner.

I think he’s pretty good but like Max looks too passive for a central 2.

Everton were pressing like men possessed and flying into tackles v City yesterday. Made it really tough for them around their own penalty area. That 10 point deduction may be the best thing to happen to Dyche foe a while strangely enough because they looked properly motivated

Dawson would be my only change. But obviously fitness concerns regarding 3 games in 6 days may make changes necessary.

Dawson for Santi would be my only change, maybe start Bellegarde over Sarabia (although I thought the latter had a good game last night and his set pieces are a threat). I’d be tempted to give Neto 30-45 minutes.

Dawson would be the only change for me. To give Santi some credit, he hasn`t had much game time yet and looked much better second half. First half, he seemed a bit of a flapper, couldn`t wait to get rid when the ball was passed to him.

Dawson for Santi would be my only change, maybe start Bellegarde over Sarabia (although I thought the latter had a good game last night and his set pieces are a threat). I’d be tempted to give Neto 30-45 minutes.
I thought (assist aside) Sarabia was poor. Looked really tired, he didn't press well and often misplaced his pass. I'd have subbed him much earlier and I'd probably start him vs Everton, especially with Hwang carrying a knock and Neto not yet back (though he was about to come on before our 4th).

His cross for Lemina was excellent though.

Don’t be so thin skinned. It’s a damning comment on the refs rather than you

Mario not involved tomorrow. Been pictured at the airport and is missing due to “personal matters”. Big miss for us but I think I read his dad has been unwell so if that’s the case, some things are bigger than football.
That's not been confirmed as far as I can see. Assuming he lives in France it's a 45 min flight so could just have been given the day off for a visit.

Mario not involved tomorrow. Been pictured at the airport and is missing due to “personal matters”. Big miss for us but I think I read his dad has been unwell so if that’s the case, some things are bigger than football.
Yes he spoke about it after the Chelsea game.

GON also said that if he needs to miss games/training then it's not an issue at all, so far he's chosen to play.

Attwell is particularly bad for us and by his own admission apparently he dislikes us intensely
Any ref stupid enough to voice an opinion on a team should be restricted come game day, ie, not involved in that teams games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back