• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Nottingham

Van 'attempted to run over three people'

Nottinghamshire Police said they were called to Ilkeston Road just after 04:00 BST where two people were found dead in the street.

Officers were then called to another incident in Milton Street, where a van had attempted to run over three people. They are currently being treated in hospital.

A man has also been found dead in Magdala Road.

I live in Sherwood and a big chunk of the city centre was cordoned off (armed police in view also) as i made my way to work this morning, pretty horrific story.... Three people dead in the street ffs

I live in Sherwood and a big chunk of the city centre was cordoned off (armed police in view also) as i made my way to work this morning, pretty horrific story.... Three people dead in the street ffs
Are we neighbours? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I live right at the top of Sherwood near City Hospital (just down from Valley Rd)?

I'm just off Mansfield Road, down the side of the 'Spoons, not far off!

What a way to find out you are neighbours!

I made a mistake on this story of reading Twitter comments. When being racist is your number 1 concern rather than the tragic killing of people then a free for all social media site is for you

Unfortunately there are two hotels on the junction of Magdala Rd and Mansfield Rd that house asylum seekers and whilst there are no links currently, its probably a matter of time before the racists turn their attentions to these hotels.

Unfortunately there are two hotels on the junction of Magdala Rd and Mansfield Rd that house asylum seekers and whilst there are no links currently, its probably a matter of time before the racists turn their attentions to these hotels.
I presume this is what one local resident is referring to then when he spoke to the BBC

A resident on Ilkeston Road said a police officer was "banging on my door" at around 5am asking for CCTV footage.

The man, who asked to be known only as Wayne, said he was told the incident happened around 04:10 BST, before being asked if he had witnessed anything.

"I didn't see or hear anything, but I'm not surprised this sort of thing has happened around here," he said.

Not read anything on it but is it suspected that a man has driven into asylum seekers?

Not that I have seen.

Just speculation from trolls on Twitter that this must have been a asylum seeker (aka muslim) that has stabbed 3 people and tried to run over 3 more.

Another witness has said she saw the van speed up when he saw a police car, then hit two people after that

Especially after the events in France.

Even if its gang related from St Anns/Meadows they'll still highlight a lack of 'Britishness'

Arseholes.

Seems unlikely to me to be a terrorist attack if it happened on Ilkeston Road in the early hours of a Tuesday morning (well, assuming "terror attack" implies "rational planning", which obviously isn't always the case). Away from the city centre, and early on a midweek morning? There aren't even any big student nights out that way afaik, but then I haven't lived in Nottingham for more than a decade since I was a student so might be out of touch there. Just a few takeaways and pubs/bars that closed at normal hours down there back in my day.

Chief Constable Kate Meynell said:
We are keeping an open mind as we investigate the circumstances surrounding these incidents and are working alongside Counter Terrorism Policing to establish the facts – as we would normally do in these types of circumstances.

Two of the 3 victims were students on their way home from a night out

I know it's empty, but thinking of those of y'all in the area and the victims.

The uni is being vague for obvious reasons, just saying we’ve lost 2 students, all the special people in the comments on twitter are going ‘ why don’t you say murdered, because that’s what’s happened, and we all know who’s responsible’

Back