• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

New James Bond

I also didn't recognise his name, but have seen Nowhere Boy. Any Bond films he makes will just be added to the list of his films I've not seen

And he's signed up for the lead in the new Highlander films that they've been planning to make for the last 20 years.
Hope not, they'll ruin it. The original Highlander was a masterpiece, the sequel was garbage, any future sequels just won't measure up

Completely rebooting it, also going to incorporate aspects of the TV series so the whole thing won't be resolved in one film and will have more than one protagonist was the last I heard.

Never heard of the guy but that said I’m probably not as filmy as a lot of people.

Feels slightly awkward saying it but…. erm, he doesn’t look especially attractive/handsome. I mean, I’m not exactly the target audience for being attracted to a Bond and there’s a debate about whether that’s even requirement or not, but for a Bond I think it probably is.

Maybe I’m just missing the swoon factor or maybe it’s an intentional move away from the stereotype, but on first impressions it’s a no from me.

Edit: Should’ve Google imaged him before posting that. He’s… alright…

Last edited:
It was Licence to Kill, not Licensed. Sorry to be a pedant.

I personally love Bond. I’m sure there will be a reboot at some point but there isn’t a massive rush. There was a long hiatus between the end of Brosnan and Craig arriving. I’m pretty sure it was pushing a decade between the end of Dalton and the first Brosnan movie too.

I’m pretty sure it was pushing a decade between the end of Dalton and the first Brosnan movie too.
6 years. Licence to Kill also saw the last appearances of Robert Brown as M and Caroline Bliss as Miss Moneypenny.

I reckon we should strip Bond of all the faux sophistication and have Gary Oldman reprising his Jackson Lamb persona instead.

Back