• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Chasing Europe...........

Quirkafleeg

EMF Band Member. Dube player.
Reaction score
We want to think it but we can't shout it from the rooftops just yet. It's still going to be a tough ask being another forward injury away from playing a young un in Nathan Fraser. Here are the last few seasons records of what points 7th has finished on.

2022/23 - Villa 61
2021/22 - West Ham 56
2020/21 - Spurs 62
2019/20 - Wolves - 59
2018/19 - Wolves 57

Average 7th place finish over those five seasons is 59 points. Where do we get 21 points from then?

----------
Newcastle (a)
Fulham (h)
Bournemouth (h)
Villa (a)
Burnley (a)
West Ham (h)
Forest (a)
Arsenal (h)
Luton (h)
Man City (a)
Palace (h)
Liverpool (a)

Last edited:
We need to be more or less flawless at home (excepting Arsenal as I think we all expect to lose that one).

Saturday is big, we can and should target all 3 points. They aren't very good at the moment.

I was genuinely shocked when the Southbank started chanting "were on our way" yesterday. Would prefer to just keep on going under the radar and see where we end up.

----------
Newcastle (a) D
Fulham (h) W
Bournemouth (h) W
Villa (a) L
Burnley (a) D
West Ham (h) W
Forest (a) L
Arsenal (h) L
Luton (h) W
Man City (a) L
Palace (h) W
Liverpool (a) L
As I am the king of predictions you can put the above in stone and relax that the Europa National League is beyond us.

Will win the FA Cup though...👀

I was genuinely shocked when the Southbank started chanting "were on our way" yesterday. Would prefer to just keep on going under the radar and see where we end up.
We don’t have many songs. Got bring out the old classics

8th gets Conference League now that Liverpool have won the Carabao Cup right?

Nobody knows still if 8th will be the Conference League if we were to get the 5th CL place

The extra place depends upon how our English clubs do in Europe. We still have Arsenal, Man City, Brighton, West Ham and Villa ?

Covid did. No way a Spurs team without Son and Kane was overtaking us and they were both out for the season with us above them.

It was still in our hands though. That stupid last minute header against Sheffield United and Matt fucking Doherty throwing his hands in the air like he just didn't care against Burnley was what fucked us.

I'm still in the 'unlikely' camp but it's absolutely fucking brilliant to be talking about it. Top work Quirk for a great thread.....even if you did forget our 19/20 performance😀

I don't think the squad is ready. We barely have depth enough for the league by itself.

It's exciting to be in the chase, though, even if realistically our part is just tangential.

I keep saying but Arsenal were bad that year but single handed screwed us over, beat us, lost to spurs then absolutely spawned both the semi final and final of the cup.
To add insult they kept Villa up to by losing to them then battering Watford.

Back