• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Matchday Parking

Stan Hullis

Talked the talk and walked the walk.
Reaction score
Driving to the game for the first time in a while this weekend and just wondering where people find it best to park for the game? I've know a few spots that I've parked in historically but things tend to change!

Will probably be heading in from Cannock direction and then back out towards Nottingham afterwards (although tend to drive back towards Cannock anyway)

I always park on Fold Street. Short walk into the Centre or Ground. Always seems to be plenty of parking spots available

In the car park there? I think I need a new spot, charged me £10 last game FFS

In the car park there? I think I need a new spot, charged me £10 last game FFS
Yep.

Gillingham game cost me £2.40 (and part of that was for using the App)

We usually park at West Park or if that's full, there's a pub/restaurant (can't remember the name) where they charge a fiver.

Oxford Street car park for us. £2 all day, reasonable for getting back out to the M6 southbound and usually places if you're there up to an hour before kick off. Not far to walk through the centre of town. I mainly do it so I can remind the family of the time I threw a bit of rolled up Greggs rubbish into a bin from about 25 yards from an impossible angle back in the Nuno era. Truly great days I hope will return.

Solicitors next door to Red Wings on Waterloo Road charge a fiver.

Off the Wednesfield Road foc, 12 mins walk to the North Bank. Back home on a 3pm kick off about 6.15

Usually park on Upper Vauxhall because it’s a short walk to The Combermere Arms which is where I always met my dad for a pre-match pint. It’s Chapel Ash side of town which is probably the wrong side for me to be on to get back to Oxford, but I’ve just always carried on parking there through habit.

Can you get in and out of there easy on a match day?

In is a doddle. We tend to go to the North Bank after the game for one which gives enough time for things to quieten down. You exit the car park onto Bath Avenue by Central Baths though so I'd think you can get away well enough just your standard pinchpoints around the park.

I tend to park in oaks crescent in Chapel Ash. Usually need to be there by 12 for a 3pm ko tho.
If you're returning to your car straight after the game it's straight into a jam, so I almost always go for a swift glass of pop after.
If I need to head straight off I bizarrely park in finchfield, by my folks, as by the time I've got there most traffic has cleared, but that's 20-25 mins walk from the ground.

Back