• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Advice Thread

Coach companies might be worth getting in touch with, could get 50 people or just a driver overnighting it after travelling down from say north wales to London, quite a few times I was put in hotels when picking up outward bound kids from south london to go back to wales, just because it made sure we were on time for the pick ups and could do the trip in the legal driving hours.
Congratulations on the new job and leap into the unknown that comes with a career change

Thanks for all the words of encouragement. It has indeed been quite a change - going from a small independent company of 8 to such a massive, well known brand - but the main driving force behind the move was the much sought after "work/life balance" thing and so far so good on that front so far. Even just having the opportunity to work from home a couple of days a week so I can do the school run has made a massive difference!

Also appreciate the words of advice. Keef - you're bang on with the coach companies. First enquiry through was off the back of a LinkedIn post I stuck up, and it was from a Tour Director of a coach company who wanted to secure 1000 rooms this year in Southampton - so that was a nice one to get my teeth in to early doors!

@Tredman - I can't offer you 'points', but I'll have a few cases of top quality craft beers sent to your house as a 'reward' instead... ;)

the main driving force behind the move was the much sought after "work/life balance" thing and so far so good on that front so far. Even just having the opportunity to work from home a couple of days a week so I can do the school run has made a massive difference!
Spot on mate.

Work to live, not the other way round.

Good luck in the new role @Jinky

We also use a corporate booking system so no dice with my company but always useful to know!

Spot on mate.

yeah so much this. Were i to have my time again, I'd deffo leave work a lot earlier, and have a lot more breaks!
No one ever said on their deathbed "I wish I'd spent more time at work..."

Thanks for all the words of encouragement. It has indeed been quite a change - going from a small independent company of 8 to such a massive, well known brand - but the main driving force behind the move was the much sought after "work/life balance" thing and so far so good on that front so far. Even just having the opportunity to work from home a couple of days a week so I can do the school run has made a massive difference!

Also appreciate the words of advice. Keef - you're bang on with the coach companies. First enquiry through was off the back of a LinkedIn post I stuck up, and it was from a Tour Director of a coach company who wanted to secure 1000 rooms this year in Southampton - so that was a nice one to get my teeth in to early doors!

@Tredman - I can't offer you 'points', but I'll have a few cases of top quality craft beers sent to your house as a 'reward' instead... ;)
Coach companies always seem to be forgotten, because they’re just there working with nobody noticing, and considering the size of the things and occasionally loud paint jobs they sneak about quite well

My company has 5 sites across the UK and often use hotels when people are visiting the various sites. I have no idea if any agreements are currently in place but I presume not as they don’t always use the same chain. They often stay at the Village Hotel in Dudley when they visit our site and the Casa Hotel in Chesterfield for example.

My company has 5 sites across the UK and often use hotels when people are visiting the various sites. I have no idea if any agreements are currently in place but I presume not as they don’t always use the same chain. They often stay at the Village Hotel in Dudley when they visit our site and the Casa Hotel in Chesterfield for example.

Casa is a nice hotel, the restaurant in there used to be really good.

PM coming your way tomorrow then 😂

Jinks, you mentioning Travel Odge has got my Facebook going nuts

Premier Inn are muscling in on your turf

1706285780725.png

Spot on mate.

I’m retired now, but I always worked hard during the hours I was there and my team leaders always appreciated my work, but I never did anything more than I had to ( unless it was to help out a colleague).

I'm about to get new car insurance for the ID3.
AA were quoting me €792!!!
So for the first time in years I've binned them and am looking at a comparison website.
Allianz can do it for €411 but they don't include Personal Accident.
Do you reckon that's a big deal?
The next one that does is RSA for €497. And that includes a load of stuff inc Fire Brigade charges...
Think I'll do RSA for the extra €8 per month...
It's a bit like Windscreen Cover. 'Free is it? Big Deal!' How often do you ever have to replace your windscreen?
But then I saw that if it does get a stone on it at 70mph on the motorway, how much it actually costs... Yikes!!

But then I saw that if it does get a stone on it at 70mph on the motorway, how much it actually costs... Yikes!!
Happened to me last September on the way back from Somerset. Had just got on the M5 when a stone flicked up and hit the windscreen making an almighty noise. Had a fracture in screen about the size of a £1 coin.

Insurance sent someone out from Auto Windscreens who said it would need a new screen but advised waiting until nearer to MOT time (July 2024) so I did.

Was pleased as I did as I then changed car in October

Putting this in here as seems less likely to ridicule here than elsewhere….

Any chance whatsoever in finding a single ticket for the Spurs game Saturday?

The wife is a Spurs member and goes to half a dozen or so home games on her own. I just won’t pay as a neutral so tend to sit in the social club over the road til the game ends and we head off out socially afterwards.

Would really like to get in the away end for this one but obviously I’ve no chance of qualifying for any away tickets conventionally and accept that, but for this one thought no harm asking.

I don’t have Facebook etc, only SM being here and a lightly used Twitter.

Not holding out much hope and suitably braced for the advice being ‘forget it’, but thought it worth asking all the same.

or drop Matt Hobbs an email and say you are an out of contract #9 willing to do a trial for a week. May get a spot on the bench Ali Dia stylee

Had a new laptop a while ago and McAfee is just about to run out, worth keeping or not?

Back