• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Advice Thread

My advice in this situation would be: don't buy a Peloton; it will just annoy you.

Next?
Well I got the first word and one letter of the thread right at least...

It's what I get for drinking that 750ml bottle of Tripel Karmiliet to myself.

I’ve regrown my beard over Christmas. Keen to keep it but I’d like it to not look scruffy, equally down want to have a George Micheal style over maintained thing.

Any tips on how to do this? What sort of length is good to trim to? Any suggestions for making it less itchy too?

For less itchy, the key things are beard oil, a boar bristle brush, and beard (not hair) shampoo.
In terms of beard topiary, I just shave my neck, and keep cheeks and burns shorter than the chin. Keep the moustache regularly trimmed.
But that bit's very individual.

For less itchy, the key things are beard oil, a boar bristle brush, and beard (not hair) shampoo.
In terms of beard topiary, I just shave my neck, and keep cheeks and burns shorter than the chin. Keep the moustache regularly trimmed.
But that bit's very individual.
Got all of those, so should be ok.

Think I just need to work out a trim length which works for me.

Got all of those, so should be ok.

Think I just need to work out a trim length which works for me.
You get a beard trimmer with one of those combs things. This slides up and down your trimmer in a series is of clicks and you choose the length you like. Beware, though the shorter it is is around your neck, the more likely it is to catch in your jumper/collar/shirt which is a bit irritating. Try to keep it soft.
I had my hair cut today, working on the principle that if it's long enough to be combed/brushed, it's long enough to be trimmed.
Same applies to beard.
(And pubic hair if it comes to that!)

Anyone used an e-Sim when travelling?

Looking at options when in Bangkok as roaming charges there a bit extreme and would normally just buy a travel sim card in the country but saw the e-sims mentioned on a travel blog. Any good or stick with standard sim card?

Anyone used an e-Sim when travelling?

Looking at options when in Bangkok as roaming charges there a bit extreme and would normally just buy a travel sim card in the country but saw the e-sims mentioned on a travel blog. Any good or stick with standard sim card?

Would be interested in the answers to that myself.

That said, Thailand was the country that for me at least, represented the best value and service with a sim picked up at the airport on arrival. I came home loopy that you can’t even get a signal walking the dog on Epsom Common yet you can get superb service miles from anywhere in the middle of a Thai jungle.

Never could work that one out but they must be doing something right.

e-Sim I have seen is about £7 for 50GB of data and around 100 mins. Valid for 9 days, which is perfect. Guess its not a lot of money to lose if its shit.

02 have a great deal for me - Buy 1GB of data travel bolt on for £45. Think I will pass

I used one in the US last year 5GB for about a tenner, lasts 30 days. You just need to check that your phone is compatible as some aren't. Mine wasn't, my wife's was. Airalo was the provider I used and worked fine when we didn't have Wi-Fi

Last edited:
Both of us have eSim options in the Sim Manager section on our phones so all good from that side of things

e-Sim I have seen is about £7 for 50GB of data and around 100 mins. Valid for 9 days, which is perfect. Guess its not a lot of money to lose if its shit.

02 have a great deal for me - Buy 1GB of data travel bolt on for £45. Think I will pass
Yet Rwanda is in the O2 travel zone!

I think in USA/Canada it was just £2 a day bolt-on for O2, unlimited data. Thailand I think was about £15 for the sim at the airport, unlimited data for a couple of weeks or so.

Cuba was a fucking game. Don’t recall the cost exactly but the internet is restricted and many sites blocked. Had some paperwork to do while out there and send some legal documents etc to the U.K., attachments couldn’t be added to emails and money transfers blocked. Was a nightmare.

I saw a long term traveller guy recommend Holafly on a video yesterday. They all come with unlimited data.

Our son used Airalo in Japan, said it was good, and I installed one a couple of weeks ago for an upcoming trip. There was a sale on - $10/$7.80 for 50GB over 30 days (the 30 days doesn't start until you first use it).

Looking to study up on the Napoleonic Wars (preferably with battlefield illustrations), any book recommendations?

Looking to study up on the Napoleonic Wars (preferably with battlefield illustrations), any book recommendations?
PaddingtonWolf has the definitive books on the subject, can't remember the title, my knowledge is limited to the films, umpteen times, and various 1/32 scale models when I was a kid

Back