• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Advice Thread

Like Tredders said, you can get an Avanti direct from Stafford to Euston, takes just over two hours. But, and it’s a big but, be totally prepared for it to be late or cancelled as Tredders also said. This happens quite a lot.

Like Tredders said, you can get an Avanti direct from Stafford to Euston, takes just over two hours. But, and it’s a big but, be totally prepared for it to be late or cancelled as Tredders also said. This happens quite a lot.
It’s 1hr 17 if you get the direct one. And if you get very lucky on the delays..

It’s 1hr 17 if you get the direct one. And if you get very lucky on the delays..
Oh right OK, I always get off at Watford Junction so have the delights of sitting in New Street for fucking ages. I don’t mind them being twenty minutes late if it takes that wait out.

Anyone know if you can get brick coloured filler or sealant? Need to fill some old drill holes on an external wall.

Treds, bit late with this...
I'd get an old file or some reasonably sharp edged tool, get a square tub like an old ice cream tub or butter tub, go round the side of the house where it wont be too noticeable (maybe even kneel down and get it from low down) and rub the brickwork with your file with the dust going into your tub, keep going till you've got a good bit, enough to cover your 5 holes.
Get some BUILDERS CAULK (it's not silicone based), press it into the holes then press the brick dust into it.
You'll have a perfect colour match.

Oh when you've done, put the remaining dust back onto the bricks with decent bits of selotape.

Just kidding.
That last bit.

Treds, bit late with this...
I'd get an old file or some reasonably sharp edged tool, get a square tub like an old ice cream tub or butter tub, go round the side of the house where it wont be too noticeable (maybe even kneel down and get it from low down) and rub the brickwork with your file with the dust going into your tub, keep going till you've got a good bit, enough to cover your 5 holes.
Get some BUILDERS CAULK (it's not silicone based), press it into the holes then press the brick dust into it.
You'll have a perfect colour match.

Oh when you've done, put the remaining dust back onto the bricks with decent bits of selotape.

Just kidding.
That last bit.

I get PMI through my role at work, and have the option of adding my kids on to my policy for about £500 per year.

I've got 3 kids all under 10 and they all seem relatively healthy.

Is it worth doing for peace of mind?

Not a question anyone can answer for you really. Like any insurance it's a waste of money unless you claim. I've had full family for 20 years and anything I've wanted to claim on has just been referred back through the NHS, but fortunately it's never been anything serious which is where it comes into it's own.

Not a question anyone can answer for you really. Like any insurance it's a waste of money unless you claim. I've had full family for 20 years and anything I've wanted to claim on has just been referred back through the NHS, but fortunately it's never been anything serious which is where it comes into it's own.
Thanks, it's the last bit I'm thinking about. If anything serious did crop up then I would get more (better?) options about what to do. And probably a better experience whilst it all happens.

Thanks, it's the last bit I'm thinking about. If anything serious did crop up then I would get more (better?) options about what to do. And probably a better experience whilst it all happens.
Yes if it was something serious you'd see a consultant a lot quicker and jump the queue if treatment was required.

Isn't 500 quid a year for a family of five about what you'd pay an NHS dentist these days? Or is dental not included..?

Dental isn't included. I've gone for it because I'm a pessimist and I wouldn't forgive myself if I ended up in a position where my family needed the cover and I didn't have it.

I have it for our 3, only me who's used it though :)

I only pay the BIK tho

Regardless of how bad the NHS is said to be, I’d like to think you’d still get seen to very quickly if it was something really bad, particularly as a child. Anything more likely such as fractures you’re also going to get seen immediately via the NHS anyway.

If you were worried I’d say stashing that £500 a year away would mean you would be better off even if you needed to use it as a consultation is around £200 usually and you’re excess will likely be around that. If it’s then something significant you will be seen as a NHS pathway anyway and if it isn’t then you have the option to pay with that fund you’ve built up or wait.

Jürgen Klopp and Peloton, the commentary makes no fucking sense, he's a manager not a player.

Fuck right off you wankers, somehow worse than their previous ones with the woman that could barely speak English making all her sentences completely unintelligible.

*Unsurprisingly this is in the wrong thread*

Last edited:
This is still the best Peloton ad:

Jürgen Klopp and Peloton, the commentary makes no fucking sense, he's a manager not a player.

Fuck right off you wankers, somehow worse than their previous ones with the woman that could barely speak English making all her sentences completely unintelligible.
My advice in this situation would be: don't buy a Peloton; it will just annoy you.

Next?

Back