• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Palace 1-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Well, apart from backwards

What can he do then when there is literally nobody to pass it to?
to do what he's on the fucking pitch for !!! Take his defender on and get a ball into the box (with some accuracy)

Was it just me that saw a yawning chasm between our forwards and midfield?
Yeah the same chasm I’ve seen every other week. Podence effectively was playing behind the front 2 in the first half and then moved out wide when it wasn’t working, and then Neto switched over and that wasn’t working.

5 at the back in the bin please Nuno. It’s not a negative system but you don’t seem to be able to coach any attacking play into it. So 4-2-3-1 please because it naturally stops Coady Playing on Rui’s toes and the rest of the team further up as a result. Also means the ball stays in the top
End more and the opposition have to sit deeper themselves to respect you. Literally worked a treat against Arsenal and Villa.

Bur we’ve Abandoned it just becuase it was unsuccessful with a child up front.

I used so much look forward to watching us play. After today's awful performance I won't. bother.

I think wingbacks is such a risky way of attacking. If the wb tries to take on his man and loses possession we're immediately unbalanced defensively so I think the WBs get worried about being caught out of position and play it safe.

An overlapping FB is much "safer" as they're either going to put a cross in straight away or play it back to another player. The onus for beating a man is on the wide player. If the wide player loses possession we're still relatively balanced from a defensive perspective.

This is a bad dream that shows no sign of ending. Arsenal and Leicester up next, FFS.

Yeah the same chasm I’ve seen every other week. Podence effectively was playing behind the front 2 in the first half and then moved out wide when it wasn’t working, and then Neto switched over and that wasn’t working.

5 at the back in the bin please Nuno. It’s not a negative system but you don’t seem to be able to coach any attacking play into it. So 4-2-3-1 please because it naturally stops Coady Playing on Rui’s toes and the rest of the team further up as a result. Also means the ball stays in the top
End more and the opposition have to sit deeper themselves to respect you. Literally worked a treat against Arsenal and Villa.

Bur we’ve Abandoned it just becuase it was unsuccessful with a child up front.
But with 4 at the back you really need a better defender than Coady

But with 4 at the back you really need a better defender than Coady
You can get away with it. Don’t really know what he’s in the team for though at the minute. Passing offers nothing and is dreadful defensively currently.

Nuno sees the problems like the rest of us

I mean, does he see it? The problem has been there for a year, and he's done nothing about it. If anything, made things worse. He even says right there that he was happy with that first half dross.

I read this comment as abdicating his responsibility in our performances and throwing the players under the bus. I don't see "seeing the problem".

There is little wrong with the back three. They all pretty much do their job. People who are not doing their job recently are Rui Patricio, Joao Moutinho and Leander Dendonker. I can't see Nuno dropping Patricio but Neves and Otasowie surely must be the midfield? Willian Jose showed plenty enough up top as a lone striker and Traore at least , and Neto then have someone to cross to.

Back