• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Palace 1-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

We’ve got to be lowest on more or less every ‘chart’ or ‘graph’ you can look at - from form to xG, to goals scored, to goals conceded, to number of successful passes, to shots on target.

You can dress a dog up to look like a cow but it still barks. We’re definitely in a relegation fight.
Agree

I truly think Nuno is completely out of ideas and options
Nah. His players are frightened to concede a goal. It needs the midfield to be the engine. Currently it is not only out of gas, but the plugs are out, dizzy cap is cracked, and the rotor arm has been thrown in the cut.

lol..Rafa. What the fuck is he going to do? Nuno isn't playing on the pitch. It needs someone dragging the game by the scruff of the neck. Surely you don't need to coach players to do that.
Are you saying managers aren't really important and players should just be doing it themselves??

I don't mind if we play 3 or 4 at the back but I want us to have a midfield 3 in every single game.

Are you saying managers aren't really important and players should just be doing it themselves??
No. I'm saying the players score, defend, pass etc. They are the ones who are the destiny of games. The manager can pick the players, give them the ideas. They (the players) have to carry them out.

Confidence is massive, so is luck. We have neither of both. It doesn't take long to get into a rut. We are in it up to our arses.

The people who constantly take the piss out of people who talk about us being in a relegation fight by mentioning the odds with the bookies are probably the same ones that took the piss out of Saunders for mentioning it, and fail to see the irony.

I don't mind if we play 3 or 4 at the back but I want us to have a midfield 3 in every single game.
No ta. The less of our midfielders that play the better. I want a body from defence to free up for our forwards

No. I'm saying the players score, defend, pass etc. They are the ones who are the destiny of games. The manager can pick the players, give them the ideas. They (the players) have to carry them out.
I think it's clear that Nuno is giving the players the ideas and they're carrying them out. That's our problem

Confidence is massive, so is luck. We have neither of both. It doesn't take long to get into a rut. We are in it up to our arses.
I think we're way past blaming it on luck, mate

You play Otasowie and sign an attacking midfielder!

That said, I think Rui should do a lot lot better with their goal. Some last minute signings would not go amiss . William looked a decent target Man and nearly scored.
I advocated playing Ruddy recently & got a load of abuse. I fail to see how he can be worse & he would at least command his box.

Shock! Wolves player talks about Fulham only being 9 points behind. I think they all just looked at where we are and said fuck.

Shame Coady didn’t lamp Zaha. Might mean Nuno stumbles on the right system/team.

Back