• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Palace 1-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

If anyone knows how we can get out of this please speak now.

Slow, lacking in confidence, easy to defend against, predictable when we do get 30 yards from goal.

Glimpses that Jose might help once he starts to click with players but right now we are fucked.
You play Otasowie and sign an attacking midfielder!

That said, I think Rui should do a lot lot better with their goal. Some last minute signings would not go amiss . William looked a decent target Man and nearly scored.

We've been shit all season. Early on I was getting the bullshit rebuttal of 'it's our best ever start to the season' etc, but we're not playing any worse now than we have done since lockdown. We're so negative and easy to defend against its unreal, and tbh players must fucking hate having to play this brand of football. It's pathetic.

Really not going to comment & have just ordered a meal delivery which I will look forward to more than staying on here.

Jose did well considering he probably doesn't know where he is yet - no invention at all.

We have enough to get through this year just - get to the end and forget it happened.

Painful, so painful.

fine, get to half time 0-0, but we are so painfully shit and lacking in any energy in second halves that it’s a terrible tactic right now.

Nuno has got to work it out though because this season is going to be a bad Mark against him if we just muddle through to 38 points or something shit. It just puts loads of pressure on the summer and the start of next season

We will be very lucky to stay up in the EPL. The next 2 games we will lose badly. And that will put us at 16 or 17 on table. The team has lost all focus, passion, and drive. They look like they have never played together.

People keep scoffing at the idea we are in a relegation fight.

Well the gap between us and the bottom three is now below 10 points.

Burnley, who are one place below us, were in the bottom three a few weeks back. Now they’re one point behind us with two games in hand. Brighton only 5 behind with a game in hand. Fulham have a game in hand and are showing improvement. How close does the gap need to be before people admit we are in it?

I genuinely can’t see where the next win comes from.

We’ve no cohesion, no confidence, no partnerships, no understanding, no creativity - nothing. We are an extremely poor side. I think Jose makes us better and he’ll score some goals - but Christ I felt sorry for him and Neto today. Tactically we need to be much, much better everywhere. We can’t play this “clean sheets are all that matters” BS tactics because like today has proven, a goal can come from anywhere at any time

It’s alright saying we need players back, but the starting 11 today had more than enough to win the game comfortably and we were pathetic.

Ive got no idea how Nuno turns this around and sadly, it doesn’t look like he knows either. Not that his players are helping.

A complete mess.

We've been shit all season. Early on I was getting the bullshit rebuttal of 'it's our best ever start to the season' etc, but we're not playing any worse now than we have done since lockdown. We're so negative and easy to defend against its unreal, and tbh players must fucking hate having to play this brand of football. It's pathetic.
We are playing much worse right now than earlier in the season. Let's not rewrite history

Slow and ponderous. We never look for a quick ball forward with Joâo on the pitch (and no I'm not an advocate of longball but I'm not an advocate of slowing play down all the time and allowing the opposition to regroup and sort their defensive lines).Both CMs were dreadful, there's no other words to describe them.

Vague highlights, Jose had a couple of decent chances, Kilman was solid, Semedo was OK and Adama had an Ok cameo.

Fulham are 9 behind us with a game in hand and we're rock bottom of the form table. We are absolutely in trouble based on that performance, which was a shambles.

I will forever have a soft spot for Nuno and he should have this season...I do think he will get it right eventually. But there have to be serious questions asked and major surgery performed in the summer.

Unless Neves' foot has fallen off I can't think why he didn't make the pitch.

Some of the interplay was ok but we let ourselves down badly with awful, sloppy passing. Underhit, misplaced, overhit crosses, just the full litany of how to fuck up a move.

I do think a little more time and Jose and the others will be able to link effectively. If nothing else he showed the ability and wherewithal to do what we need from the CF.

I don't care what Nuno says confidence is obviously at rock bottom right now. Some of them celebrated the draw against Chelsea like a win, we seem to be mentally very fragile. Need something to go our way and quickly, and the senior players should be leading that. Unfortunately some of them are not contributing positively at the moment.

Painful, so painful.

fine, get to half time 0-0, but we are so painfully shit and lacking in any energy in second halves that it’s a terrible tactic right now.

Nuno has got to work it out though because this season is going to be a bad Mark against him if we just muddle through to 38 points or something shit. It just puts loads of pressure on the summer and the start of next season
I'm impressed that you think we can 38 points. I'd be surprised if we got 30.

tactically terrible again. banging our heads against the wall doing the same negative shite every game, and getting the same results every time. sorry to say but this is 100% on nuno. the creativity and attacking impetus has been coached out the team, and he seems to be refusing to do anything about it. this all started before the injuries as well, it's not some accidental/unfortunate trend.

mou and donk are a truly dire pairing. pointless midfield. creates absolutely nothing going forward and isn't some great defensive stalwart either. holds hands with the CB's half the game.

our veterans really letting the team down this year. patricio consistently letting in the few shots that come his way, and mou being a complete nonfactor.

one way or another we always trip over our own dicks when it comes to that final piece of an attack. I'm guessing we could easily hit 500 minutes without a goal.

Willian with some good hold up play, but clearly needs more time to gel with the team. Podence seems to be really hit/miss with his performances. Neto must be crying himself to sleep every night playing as an attacker in this team.

I also think we are a gnats hair away from being in a relegation battle.

Confidence is shot, we aren't solid and aren't creating much. It all adds up to dropping further towards the bottom end of the table.

I also think we are a gnats hair away from being in a relegation battle.

Confidence is shot, we aren't solid and aren't creating much. It all adds up to dropping further towards the bottom end of the table.
I even celebrated an Albion goal today....

It's not good enough. Fans can blame certain players all they like but this is all on Nuno and his coaching staff. Trying to keep clean sheets is all well and good but i'll keep banging the drum that our attacking patterns of play are non-existent. Players aren't in positions to link with each other, get in spaces that cause issues and when they do drift in to them we are so reluctant to play the pass. It goes out to a wing back/wide player with the only pass available back to a centre half. It's so frustrating watching us.

I agreed with what DW wrote in his article that Nuno has plenty of credit in the bank and for me i'd be willing to see if he can change it but i do think there's enough reasons and good ones at that for someone to think that a change is needed and that Nuno can't turn it around. His donation earlier in the week showed what a fantastic man he is and the video of his 10 best moments was fantastic and made me miss going home and away watching this team and how good we were to watch at our best but we're a million miles away from that now and the club will know better than us but if Nuno is showing he can't turn it around then sentiment will not get us very far.

I hope Nuno will get it right and turn this around as I like how he handles his group and do the right thing but PLEASE NUNO FOCUS MORE ON THE ATTACKING GAME AND LET THE PLAYERS LOSE A BIT AND HAVE SOME FUN

Back