• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Palace 1-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

On being in a relegation fight, where are Albion and Fulham getting wins from? The result between them today does nothing for either of them.

And then there’s Leander dendoncker - he was poor defensively today, slow to react, not winning headers, his passing was shocking - and then you add the usual awfulness in the opposition third and have to ask what the point is in him being on the pitch? I’d be dropping him for otasawie now, he couldn’t possibly be any worse
Ah, but you have to admire the quality of his back passes.

Performances like this just keep occurring, second 45 v BHA, Albion, Chorley, Burnley and today. We’re mentally shot to pieces. It’s performances like that where you can genuinely ask have the players stopped listening to the manager?
The amount of senior players putting in sub standard tripe is alarming.
Today we could have put any relegation stuff to bed but now it’s jus there in the background.
We’re in no real danger yet but must be careful and I just don’t see (a) what our plan is and (b) where we’ll next win a game. The last time we scored first in a PL match was in November.

We are right in the shit. I take back my comment on the other thread about no chance of relegation whatsoever. It’s a real prospect unless we sort ourselves out. That was pathetic.

On the betting sites the strong bet is that Wolves will be relegated this season. Unfortunately I tend to agree, this team if they score even 4 goals the rest of the season that would be a true miracle. They have quit as a team and so has the coach

On the betting sites the strong bet is that Wolves will be relegated this season. Unfortunately I tend to agree, this team if they score even 4 goals the rest of the season that would be a true miracle. They have quit as a team and so has the coach
We are still 25/1 to be relegated

I'm impressed that you think we can 38 points. I'd be surprised if we got 30.
I'd be surprised if we get to 30 playing this way. It's midfield where we are fucking up. It's not even remotely attack minded. Apart from maybe Donk, who couldn't hit a barn door from 6 ft. Sobering aye it.

Well, we probably didn’t deserve to lose that (palace were pretty shit), but we didn’t deserve to win it either.

The first half was awful, we passed back to the defence multiple times when we had the chance to get a cross in. The midfield gave the forwards nothing to work with.

The goal we conceded, Donk just ran past the player like a complete amateur, Boly didn’t get the block where it looked to me like he should have done, and Patricio maybe should have done better. Poor goal to concede.

We only started to create anything after that when Adama came on, and Jose went close with a header.

plus points - Neto and Jose looked decent in the build up play, Adama was lively when he came on and Kilman had a really good game.

negative points - Coady can’t defend one on one at all. Moutinho isn’t at the same level that he used to be any more, he can’t keep starting games. Semedo played okay but doesn’t have a left foot so a lot of moves down the left broke down. Pod was really poor most of the game and didn’t really contribute. Nuno’s tactics if it was him driving that awful display were bad, we can’t keep passing backwards all the time.

And then there’s Leander dendoncker - he was poor defensively today, slow to react, not winning headers, his passing was shocking - and then you add the usual awfulness in the opposition third and have to ask what the point is in him being on the pitch? I’d be dropping him for otasawie now, he couldn’t possibly be any worse
Traore should have had at least 45 minutes. Our main threat although Neto tried hard.

Passive, so passive. Reluctance to commit anything forward in the middle. Wingbacks are the only way we seem to do anything progressive, any attacking players get crowded out unless we play perfect passing.

We cannot have JM and LD receiving the ball stood on our CHs toes as it isolates our forwards and makes us very easy to press.

I've gotta say I'm losing faith in Nuno. I think the players are much better than they're showing.

On being in a relegation fight, where are Albion and Fulham getting wins from? The result between them today does nothing for either of them.
Well they have to play against us once more each for a start.......

I dont think we will be relegated, but we need to sort out the attacking play, NOW

Oh, and as much as it pains me to say it, it looks like Joao has cashed out. Short, simple, non-risk passes. I could have played in the middle of midfield today and had as much impact. He’s had a fantastic career but he seems to have lost his fight.

Complete shadow of the player we know and love.

I'm more baffled Neves didn't get on to the pitch.

We've had a lot of missing messiahs to explain away our poorness this season... Raul, Boly, Donk, Marcal, Pod and Adama when they missed a couple of games, now Neves. And don't forget Jonny of course.

None of them will make a huge amount of difference though, as it's the way we play and the mentality instilled in us that's the problem

Performances like this just keep occurring, second 45 v BHA, Albion, Chorley, Burnley and today. We’re mentally shot to pieces. It’s performances like that where you can genuinely ask have the players stopped listening to the manager?
The amount of senior players putting in sub standard tripe is alarming.
Today we could have put any relegation stuff to bed but now it’s jus there in the background.
We’re in no real danger yet but must be careful and I just don’t see (a) what our plan is and (b) where we’ll next win a game. The last time we scored first in a PL match was in November.
The not scoring first is depressing. Had a few first half goals but always once we’ve been behind.

what worries me is the lack of physical ability/fitness/whatever it is in second halves, we regularly look so tired and out of ideas.

All the more reason to be aggressive, proactive and get ourselves the first goa

We've had a lot of missing messiahs to explain away our poorness this season... Raul, Boly, Donk, Marcal, Pod and Adama when they missed a couple of games, now Neves. And don't forget Jonny of course.

None of them will make a huge amount of difference though, as it's the way we play and the mentality instilled in us that's the problem

He isn't a missing messiah, but he does play the ball forwards and quicker than Donck or Moutinho do.

Of course those are US betting houses, but still we are in serious trouble, no striker, no attacking midfielder and only one attacking player on the wing.

Back