• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Palace 1-0 Wolves: Verdict Thread

I don't think Nuno is under too much pressure right now but I think we need to win one of the next 2 as if not we are talking 10 games without a win and very very few managers survive that type of form.

My question is why do we have everybody back for corners? Kills our counter attacking game entirely. Surely it's worth leaving Neto and Podence up?

I can’t help thinking aside from being quality players selling Jota and The Doc has ripped the beating heart out of the team

The not scoring first is depressing. Had a few first half goals but always once we’ve been behind.

what worries me is the lack of physical ability/fitness/whatever it is in second halves, we regularly look so tired and out of ideas.

All the more reason to be aggressive, proactive and get ourselves the first goa
apparently we have not scored a single goal in 33 of 46 or something last first halfes..crazy stats

File this with the other shit games we had with 5 at the back.
Would go into detail but it’s just a repeat of what I’ve been saying forever.

Tactically dreadful.

I don’t think the coach can turn this around, he looks as lost in the coach’s box as the players do on the field

the Nuno out, Rafa in shouts are getting deafening on facebook

Of course those are US betting houses, but still we are in serious trouble, no striker, no attacking midfielder and only one attacking player on the wing.
more importantly, we are not attacking as a team

I think this all goes back to massively overthinking in the summer and believing that the answer to a question no one was asking was pulling a successful team and way of playing apart while also signing a load of kids. Mental.

Evolve a little with a modest influx of quality players and a tweak here and there by all means... This is just horribly regressive now.

But again, with no striker and no offense no coach could save us now
I have been saying spending all that money on Silva would kill us, and now it has. And he is Nuno’s pick the bright hope, when you blow a pick like that it usually coasts you your job

the Nuno out, Rafa in shouts are getting deafening on facebook
lol..Rafa. What the fuck is he going to do? Nuno isn't playing on the pitch. It needs someone dragging the game by the scruff of the neck. Surely you don't need to coach players to do that.

With three points for a win you've got to be looking for a win in all but a handful of games and Palace is not one of them. At the moment it feels like scoring is an optional bonus and far less important than not conceding, yet a bit more adventure would really make life easier for us and harder for our opponents. Nuno has always neglected attacking from the midfield, everything comes from out wide, even more so now Neto has replaced Jota.

We could play six centre halves but still have to play deep as we are so vulnerable to a ball behind if we push up. That then leaves us overrun in midfield and we just don't have the players who can go up against an extra man so time after time the ball goes sideways or backwards and opponents are rarely caught out of position because they have so long to get in the right places. Time after time the front three are so isolated from the other 7 outfield players and that leaves them completely swarmed over by defenders who don't have any runner from midfield to worry about. We have become so predictable it is pitiful and if I can see it I'm damned sure every other PL manager can. Get some movement and running in midfield or it will be a very nervous end to the season. I think we've got enough to just about stay up but the bookies odds are falling all the time for good reason.

We’ve got to be lowest on more or less every ‘chart’ or ‘graph’ you can look at - from form to xG, to goals scored, to goals conceded, to number of successful passes, to shots on target.

You can dress a dog up to look like a cow but it still barks. We’re definitely in a relegation fight.

Back