• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

PNE (A) build up 26/9

Yes, I think that was how we lined up to start with.

Edwards and Stearman got injured, and then so did Elokobi who had already come on as a substitute :facepalm: In the aftermath of the game there were idiots moaning about Sako and how rubbish he is.

To be fair he was awful that day. Probably still recovering from that hamstring injury + his form never really picked up until after the window shut. He improved so much as a team player under Jackett as well, wasnt yet the player he is now.

Tim Spiers ‏@tim_spiers_Star 1m1 minute ago

Sylvain Deslandes' omission from the U21 squad to face Arsenal suggests he could play. Golbourne has struggled with a foot injury this week.

Interesting.

No problem with Deslandes playing...Did ok at Boro once he settled into the game but wasn't helped having EEL next to him

That's my guess too. Especially given what the account said in their previous Tweet.

I imagine that Deslandes will be on the bench, with Hause at left back. Not that I would be against him starting.

Martinez

Iorfa
Batth
EEL
Hause

Henry
McDonald
Price
Byrne

Afobe
ALF

subs: Ikeme, Doherty, Deslandes, Saville, Wallace, van la Parra, Bright.

Personally I would have Walace in there behind Benik, but I don't see KJ not going to Preston with just one striker , he'll want it to look positive

The way I see it, with Batth back, the most sensible partner for him is Hause - both seems a better player than EEL, and also a natural left-sided CB. But whether it's Golbourne or Deslandes at left-back, it should be Henry playing on the left of midfield as he's probably our best player in that position for offering cover to the defence, and we'll need that as that side will be weaker than Batth and Iorfa on the right.

Applies just as much if it turns out to be Batth and EEL in the middle and Hause at left-back, too, I think.

I imagine that Deslandes will be on the bench, with Hause at left back.
Yep agreed.

The way I see it, with Batth back, the most sensible partner for him is Hause - both seems a better player than EEL
Until Hause eradicates the mistakes from his game he's no better than EEL.

Hause might have a bit more potential, but so far they're both exactly the same sort of player with shite distribution. Hause is slightly better in that regard but not by much. They both have their moments and also both make mistakes, though Hause has made loads more than EEL so far this season in the games I've seen.

You know they're not just defined by their mistakes, yeah? Same as you don't decide whether to sign a striker after watching videos of all his misses?

Hause has had a lot of good bits of play to go along with the mistakes (which every young centre half in the world makes at some point). EEL won't improve from what he is now, indeed this is further than I thought he'd ever get. Hause isn't getting in the England U21 team by accident, clearly there is lots there to work with. I suspect he will look much better with a proper partner who can organise rather than fans' favourite Stearman or a young kid who is probably a level above where he should be.

Hause might have a bit more potential, but so far they're both exactly the same sort of player with shite distribution. Hamistakes sightly better in that regard but not by much. They both have their moments and also both make mistakes, though Hause has made loads more than EEL so far this season in the games I've seen.

EEL has poorer distribution by your own admission, his distribution ultimately invites pressure and will inevitably lead to goals conceded. Hause's mistakes might be more pronounced like the penalty against Hull but the difference is mistakes and a lack of ability in my humble. By January I would imagine Hause will be far more rounded.

I'm surprised that being as Bear is a big fan of picking the team based on the last 2-3 games only, he isn't advocating selling EEL to Bilston Town for £200 and a set of tracksuits after his shockers vs Bolton and Middlesbrough. Both of which were worse than anything Hause has ever done in a Wolves shirt.

For me the most important thing about the team is that the MacDonald/Price combo is resumed. Its far more important than anything as far as I'm concerned

For me the most important thing about the team is that the MacDonald/Price combo is resumed. Its far more important than anything as far as I'm concerned

I agree its a very important aspect from a playing football point of view yet due to one of them having to drop deep to receive the ball (centre backs cant pass it) we have to then supplement our centre midfield in higher positions with another footballer hopefully Wallace.

I'm surprised that being as Bear is a big fan of picking the team based on the last 2-3 games only, he isn't advocating selling EEL to Bilston Town for £200 and a set of tracksuits after his shockers vs Bolton and Middlesbrough. Both of which were worse than anything Hause has ever done in a Wolves shirt.

EEL was shocking on Tuesday, a shell of a player with no confidence, shanking the ball all over the place...He needs resting

If it was down to me and I could I'd drop them both (EEL, Hause).

Back