• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

PNE (A) build up 26/9

Lycan

Proud Resident of Coventry
Reaction score
After the cup game we've got PNE away and a game where we really should be targeting all 3 points. After Brighton I feel like we're edging closer to where we need to be. Coady will be a loss and we need to sort the left side out but with Danny Batth returning I feel we can finally put out a solid defence.

Martinez

Iorfa Batth EEL Hause

Henry McDonald Price Byrne

Afobe Alfie​

I worry that we'll see McDonald and Edwards together again though. With the armband returning to Batth, maybe this is the time to drop Edwards? If the likes of Wallace, Deslandes & Saville have good games vs Boro I could see them making a claim for a first team spot as well.

I don't think it'll be a classic but I'm looking forward to the day, Preston is a cracking away day. Anyone off here going?

Long term I think Baath / Hause is the partnership we should go with, so best start asap to get them bedded in.

Golboure is massively out of form though, so not sure who we should play LB...? Is Rowe fit :)

Personally i'd go for:

Martinez
Iorfa Baath Hause Golbourne (?)
McD Price
Henry Wallace/ALF Byrne
Afobe

We simply can't keep playing Golbourne. I'd love for Deslandes to have a stormer vs Boro and come straight in but I've never seen him play before so I've no idea if he's any good or not.

We simply can't keep playing Golbourne. I'd love for Deslandes to have a stormer vs Boro and come straight in but I've never seen him play before so I've no idea if he's any good or not.
Hard to judge from the Barnet game as he only had 1 bit of defending to do. He was good on the ball and a threat going forward though.

whoever we pick needs to perform. Injuries will mean changes this week but another dreadful away performance ala Bolton or Cardiff is something we desperately need to avoid. They are also lacking in confidence but then so were Bolton. You know my views in years gone by about us playing teams in the bottom three. Always the potential for a banana skin when we are doing well let alone when we are playing bang average. I hope KMAC heads on straght and Saville/ Price come in and we take a 2-0 away win.

Bit early to consider this game without knowing the performances/injuries from the Boro game.

...........Martinez
Iorfa, Batth, Hause, Golbourne
........Price, McDonald
...Henry, Afobe, Ojo
.........Le Fondre

Would rather Bynre played instead of Ojo, but can he play on the left? I also expect Hause to start over Ebanks-Landell if fit.

...........Martinez
Iorfa, Batth, Hause, Golbourne
........Price, McDonald
...Henry, Afobe, Ojo
.........Le Fondre

Would rather Bynre played instead of Ojo, but can he play on the left? I also expect Hause to start over Ebanks-Landell if fit.

Henry played on the left vs Charlton and again when he came on last night. He was effective down that side so Henry for Ojo and Byrne on the right and there's not much wrong with your team

Byrne played on the left vs Brighton. Id rather we played Saville on the left instead of Ojo.

Byrne played on the left vs Brighton. Id rather we played Saville on the left instead of Ojo.

He did and it was most notable that on the 2 occasions he got past his man he chose to cut back inside to cross with his right foot.

...........Martinez
Iorfa, Batth, Hause, Deslandes
........Price, McD
...Henry, Wallace, Byrne
............Afobe

For me - harsh on ALF, but we need more creativity in attacking areas

Adobe does not work on his own up front. If we're going with one up top I'd rather play ALF.

I knew predictive text would get me on that one soon!

-------------------Martinez---------------------

Iorfa----------Batth----------Hause-----Golbourne

-------------Price---------McDonald--------------

------Henry--------Wallace----------Byrne-------

---------------------Afobe---------------------------

2013/14: W 2-0 (H), D 0-0 (A)
2008/9: L 1-3 (H), W 3-1 (A)
2007/8: W 1-0 (H), L 1-2 (A)
2006/7: L 1-3 (H), W 1-0 (A)
2005/6: D 0-0 (H), L 0-2 (A)
2004/5: D 2-2 (H), D 2-2 (A)
2002/3: W 4-0 (H), W 2-0 (A)
2001/2: L 2-3 (H), W 2-1 (A)
2000/1: L 0-1 (H), L 0-2 (A)

I think that would be most people's choice of who's available

This but with Rowe at left back as Golbourne is having a mare. Far from an ideal choice, but I'm not sure Deslandes is ready and I just feel Golbourne needs taking out for a couple of games. I'd start with Henry and Byrne on opposite sides as well.

Back