• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Political Compass

I can't skew the answers without following a course Hitler would have been ashamed of therefore it appears biased left libertarian

I say this as I did a similar exercise based on manifesto points and scored 60% ukip back then but the SDP were not contesting the general election.

It is pretty difficult to get into the top right box where most of the parties are. Right of the centre line is achievable without looking like a complete fascist, but only really to about where labour sits. Above the axis on libertarian vs authoritarian is very hard to achieve from what I can see.

chart.jpg

I ticked every strongly agree or strongly disagree box for every answer based on a right wing extreme views to get this. Answering that way is in reality completely impossible. No one in the history of humanity can ever have been that bigoted. But I got the top right corner!

b2681623ad6c413638f9c8be830758d1.jpg

tTZGzF2.jpg

I've never voted tbh.
Guess I could start voting for Green.

chart.jpg

Me..Not really surprised by that

Every one seems to be libertarian and left to an extent even those who in reality are not

Presumably the reality is that they are. The practicality is that they are not?

Every one seems to be libertarian and left to an extent even those who in reality are not

Probably to do with the questions. As DW said in the OP there are a lot of leading questions in there, and to end up in the top right box you need to have some very questionable views and outlooks based on the questions

since most of us grew up and now live in a fairly relaxed 'free society', i'm not sure why we'd expect people not to turn out as generally libertarian. i suspect more so given the questions are fairly broad in principle.

Presumably the reality is that they are. The practicality is that they are not?

The point of the test was to help align you to a political view to better inform you whom to vote for. In which case we should have a fuck load of green MPs . No one has got near labour views according to this test but there are plenty of labour supporters on here. I agree with DW and think the questions lead you

People make compromises when they come to vote, I would vote for Labour even despite their inexorable drift to the right if they were heading in the right direction and offering enough to satisfy me. But they weren't under Miliband and his AusterityLite agenda and they aren't under Corbyn who perpetually makes bad choices in every area, so they aren't getting my vote at the moment.

I wanted to add caveats to about 50% of the questions.

*raises hand*

I said I was libertarian but a little RIGHT of the centre line. However, not as far right of it as even labour, which really surprised me massively.

*raises hand*

I said I was libertarian but a little RIGHT of the centre line. However, not as far right of it as even labour, which really surprised me massively.

There aren't *that* many economic questions I guess. Which is where you are Helder Costa and I am Bakary Sako ;)

I was a left liberal too, which I think means not a cunt

Another in the same general area. Good job I voted for Greens last time out as I'm pretty much on top of their splodge.

chart
uk2015

Back