• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

****POLL NOW IN OP****Who do you want next?

I really am at a loss at the moment, still gutted at Nuno going, even sadder seeing him walk down that tunnel for the last time, worried about certain players exodusing the club, and have absolutely no idea who is coming in, and who is any good, whoever it is has gigantic boots to fill. Still praying for an all round re-think.

I'd echo that 100% Northfield - think I'm still in denial! But, maybe controversially, I'm glad we have Uncle Jorge advising the owners. I feel that in particular under Morgan and often under Sir Jack, decisions were made without the input of people operating in the upper echelons of the game. Agents are part and parcel of the game - like it or not - and he is in the top three of European if not Global influential agents. It's in no-one's interest's to fail or lose face (particularly Fosun / Jeff) so I'm consoling myself with the thought that a little more strategy is going into this than we might imagine and that a good replacement will be found.

I love Nuno - him and Stan have been the managers of my lifetime. But successful clubs do change managers regularly and I think we need to get used to this. At least they ain't going to appoint Andy Beattie!

Just running down the list of managers on Oddschecker, this is how highly I'd rate their appointment (I know you don't need the information, but I'm bored):

Bruno Lage 2/10
Vitor Pereira 2/10
Paulo Fonseca 6/10
Sergio Conceicao 4/10 (this won't happen anyway)
Julen Lopetegui 7/10
Rafa Benitez 1/10
Frank Lampard 3/10
Patrick Vieira 1/10
Steven Gerrard 6/10

Not going down any further than that as our friend Walter "barred from the Crown Wergs" Zenga is at 28/1 and clearly that's ridiculous.

Notice that Gattuso has been hired at Fiorentina so maybe Fonseca is back on?

Just running down the list of managers on Oddschecker, this is how highly I'd rate their appointment (I know you don't need the information, but I'm bored):

Bruno Lage 2/10
Vitor Pereira 2/10
Paulo Fonseca 6/10
Julen Lopetegui 7/10
Rafa Benitez 1/10
Frank Lampard 3/10
Patrick Vieira 1/10
Steven Gerrard 6/10

Not going down any further than that as our friend Walter "barred from the Crown Wergs" Zenga is at 28/1 and clearly that's ridiculous.
Think I'd have Fonseca and Lopetegui level and Gerrard behind them. The rest? Pfft.

Bruno Lage 2/10
Vitor Pereira 2/10
Paulo Fonseca 6/10
Julen Lopetegui 7/10
Rafa Benitez 1/10
Frank Lampard 3/10
Patrick Vieira 1/10
Steven Gerrard 6/10

Phew, thought those were the odds you were posting until I realised it would be unlikely to have odds-on joint favourites.

Notice that Gattuso has been hired at Fiorentina so maybe Fonseca is back on?
lhgx.gjc_.gif

Phew, thought those were the odds you were posting until I realised it would be unlikely to have odds-on joint favourites.
Lage is still actually best priced at 1/9 :(

But these are crappy little markets realistically. Any of us could move it with £50 right now.

Big reduction in this morning's price isn't it? Fucked if I'm wading back through two hours of Walsall pub nostalgia to find out!

Bruno Lage 2/10
Vitor Pereira 2/10
Paulo Fonseca 6/10
Julen Lopetegui 7/10
Rafa Benitez 1/10
Frank Lampard 3/10
Patrick Vieira 1/10
Steven Gerrard 6/10

EP - "Genuine question. - Who would people prefer? - Rafa or Bruno?"
DW - "If it's a genuinely binary choice then Benitez."

Lage has moved ahead! Another week and he will be twatting Gerrard out of joint 2nd place. Fosun playing the long game here and its already working...

Last edited:
Lopetegui is only 7/10? What beats him? Klopp and Pep?
His 2018 meltdown doesn't sit well with me! He's obviously got ability but there'd still be question marks. Realistically there aren't many times I'd ever give a prospective appointment more than that as you just don't know. Mick in 2006 was an exception, he was so obviously made for us and we were made for him at the time.

As I told the board at the time, not that I like to mention it :)

EP - "Genuine question. - Who would people prefer? - Rafa or Bruno?"
DW - "If it's a genuinely binary choice then Benitez."

Lage has moved ahead! Another week and he will twatting Gerrard out of joint 2nd place. Fosun playing the long game here and its already working...
I think I'd hate Benitez more, smartarse :)

And we all know that's the real quiz. Anyway, get back to your holiday :D

Managerial appointments and performances are all fucked anyway.

Chris Wilder 2020

200.gif

Chris Wilder 2021

pathetic-rick-mayal.gif

The return of David Moyes will see West Ham in Europe

tenor.gif

"Ancelotti proves his pulling power by bringing some real stars to Everton, surely Europe is on the cards for them now!"

200w.gif

"Big Sam doesn't have single relegatio..." Naa, fuck that one.

I’m not really sure I see much difference between Gerrard and Lage, both done well in an inferior league - in Gerrard’s case a much inferior league where his only competition massively self-combusted.

I've watched a fair bit of Gerrard's Rangers in the Europa League over the last two years and been impressed, plus it's a name, I can see Fosun going down that road.

I wouldn’t be disappointed, but I’m not convinced he’ll be a roaring success.

Back