• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

****POLL NOW IN OP****Who do you want next?

I've watched a fair bit of Gerrard's Rangers in the Europa League over the last two years and been impressed, plus it's a name, I can see Fosun going down that road.
They did have some stinkers in the league though this season. I watched a couple of games for FIFA related reasons (yes I'm that sad) and they weren't brilliant. Not everybody can produce wonder displays every game though, granted.

The thing with Gerrard is, as soon as Klopp leaves whether it's in 6 months or 6 years Gerrard will be all in on that. (although i guess he'll have had to have been a success to get that job too)

I reckon he'd need a trophy or us in the top 4 to get the Liverpool job. Fine with me.

They did have some stinkers in the league though this season. I watched a couple of games for FIFA related reasons (yes I'm that sad) and they weren't brilliant. Not everybody can produce wonder displays every game though, granted.
They didn’t lose a game?

I would be happy with Steven Gerrard

They struggled to score against the bottom of the table team then conceded an absolutely awful last minute equaliser. Not losing to eight league two standard teams and an imploded Celtic is hardly the marker of a top manager.

He's a bright guy and did well for 2 seasons, blooding young players at both Derby and Chelsea so I could see how that would appeal to Fosun. Falling out with the senior players and what Tuchal has done with the same group since he left provides obvious question marks though

he did OK in both his jobs. Played young players yes, football as generally exciting if lacking balance at times.

I can't stand him as a person though.

Back