• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

****POLL NOW IN OP****Who do you want next?

Have they had next Wednesday's work permit hearing already?

Ok we all have opinions on whonshoukd take over.

I have moaned like fuck about the same old managers getting jobs.

Its always always the same old manager, Colin, Bruce etc, here our club is looking at a new manager who has some experience, and has actually won something, which is more than Nuno.

Nuno had experience, but if we just judged him on his time at Valencia we would have been complaining about hin getting the job.

We dont know if Bruno wil be any good, but then we have no idea if Conte would do a good job at Wolves, managers cam be good at one club and bad at another.

We should not write him off.

We will support whoever gets it, unfair not to because of Nuno. He's gone now, whether we agree or not, but that's not the new guy's fault. For as long as he's here he will be a wolf. Hopefully he will justify Fosun's idea. If he doesn't they have shown from day 1 that they will not tolerate and will pull the trigger. Let's hope its the former

Last edited:
I wonder is there any chance that it won't be Lage , even if he passes the work permit decision ?

A lot of the players that Fosun have signed have been a complete surprise to us with no fore warning . All the talk so far with our new Manager would suggest that Lage is nailed on .

Maybe that is not the case and others have as good , if not a better chance of getting the job .

The Birmingham Mail is full of Bruno Lage and Steve Gerrard. Oh and another kick in the bollocks for us is Palace want Nuno. Cant see it myself but stranger things have happened. Sorry to have Fucked up your Bank Holiday.

My Daughter works at New Cross and was told by a consultant, who is a friend of a Wolves player, I won't name the player, but the player said that Nuno wasn't sacked. He told Jeff that not seeing his family was for such a long time had done for him, and wanted to leave, and Jeff reluctantly agreed

Lage has been Wolves next choice since rumours of Nuno possibly going to Arsenal were starting.
He has done well in a league with limited competition but has an offensive approach and a history of working with youngsters.
Why not, if you can't get a superstar coach
Its a question of turn up here , perform and get accepted quickly really. Play some decent football and get a few good results and we will move on, I am sure.
My Daughter works at New Cross and was told by a consultant, who is a friend of a Wolves player, I won't name the player, but the player said that Nuno wasn't sacked. He told Jeff that not seeing his family was for such a long time had done for him, and wanted to leave, and Jeff reluctantly agreed
Completely plausable explanation to me.

Jonny is probably on first name terms with the consultants by now ;)

What's the scores Del Dawes?

Strawpoll > Suverymonkey

If we get Lage I'll admit it has a bit of a dodgy Mendes feel about it, but tbh so did the Neto/Jordao transfer.

It was dodgy. Keep seeing this mentioned, sorry to pick up on part of your post heh. How many players are shifted around as some weird double act for so much despite hardly ever having played. Just because he turned out to be pretty good. And if you think that's all on Mendes, like he absolutely knew Neto would slot straight into the Premier League and impress everyone based off a handful of appearances ever, then why worry at all about who comes in next.

This would make more sense if they are going for Lage, who I don`t see as an upgrade on Nuno if they had sacked him.

Every journalist connected with the club - Tim I, Tim II, Percy, Hale, Leister plus national guys all say it was a sacking, but people are still trying to come up with alternatives.

You can easily spin a mutual termination as a sacking if you want to though. No-one knows what discussions went on that led to it, but I find Nuno needing a break for his mental health much more believable. He often talked about the fact he has a contract when it was suggested he might move to another team. And Jeff and the Wolves articles all mentioned planning for next season with Nuno in charge.

Whatever Nuno does in the future, i wish him the very best, but if he comes back to Molineux with another Premier team it will feel like seeing your ex girlfriend out on a date with your best mate.

Ancelotti is going back to Real Madrid (strange appointment), so Everton will be on the look out for a new manager too.

Back