• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

****POLL NOW IN OP****Who do you want next?

If he does go to Palace or Everton it will mean that the homesick theories are out of the window.
With Portugal being added to the green list within the same week there’s not a chance he left because Sandra had a list of oddjobs that needed doing and he needed to get back to fix the guttering.

We already know he was sacked.

Just some people like to bury their heads in the sand.
Don't think we 'know' he was sacked, of course its possible, don't think I've seen anyone say he wasn't sacked, just some take the stuff put out by the usual tired hacks with a pinch of salt. Anyway he's gone we just have to move on. Seems to me some people are keen to push the sacked option so they have an excuse to be outraged when/if things go tits up

I don't need an excuse, we're objectively downgrading our manager out of our own free will.

At the same time the club are going to ask us to pay us a lot more to watch the team, despite us being rubbish last season.

Outrage doesn't cover it.

Seems to me some people are keen to push the sacked option so they have an excuse to be outraged when/if things go tits up
As I said to Jinky at the weekend I think this school of thinking is pretty patronising.

There's no pushing a sacking option, I don't gain anything from how he left it's just so damn obvious to me it's what happened that I find the denial strange. People will still believe mutual consent even if he rocks up at Palace this week. Speaking for myself, I'm much more outraged by the lack of process which lead to Lage's appointment than the one which lead to Nuno's departure.

With the benefit of a little more hindsight, I still don't see enough evidence in either direction to be able to say that it definitely was or wasn't a sacking. Yes, I know, last week I was much more firmly in the "not a sacking" camp.

We can draw context clues, of course, but how anyone at this stage can say with certainty that we sacked him (or didn't) doesn't really make sense to me.

With the benefit of a little more hindsight, I still don't see enough evidence in either direction to be able to say that it definitely was or wasn't a sacking. Yes, I know, last week I was much more firmly in the "not a sacking" camp.

We can draw context clues, of course, but how anyone at this stage can say with certainty that we sacked him (or didn't) doesn't really make sense to me.
Every credible journalist (and some not credible ones) have said it Alan

As I said to Jinky at the weekend I think this school of thinking is pretty patronising.

There's no pushing a sacking option, I don't gain anything from how he left it's just so damn obvious to me it's what happened that I find the denial strange. People will still believe mutual consent even if he rocks up at Palace this week. Speaking for myself, I'm much more outraged by the lack of process which lead to Lage's appointment than the one which lead to Nuno's departure.
Can't you see that your responses are also patronising...no-where on this forum have I seen anyone denying he was sacked, just putting forward the actual fact that you don't know for sure he was. Its all so pointless, don't get me wrong, I'm gutted Nuno has gone and I have doubts about the ability of Lage, but all this hand wringing seems to be going on forever. When/if it goes wrong and should Nuno go to Palace, I'll be happy to say you and DW were right.

Can't you see that your responses are also patronising...no-where on this forum have I seen anyone denying he was sacked, just putting forward the actual fact that you don't know for sure he was. Its all so pointless, don't get me wrong, I'm gutted Nuno has gone and I have doubts about the ability of Lage, but all this hand wringing seems to be going on forever. When/if it goes wrong and should Nuno go to Palace, I'll be happy to say you and DW were right.
Bookmarked 😀
There are numerous posts saying he wasn't sacked though

I don't need an excuse, we're objectively downgrading our manager out of our own free will.

At the same time the club are going to ask us to pay us a lot more to watch the team, despite us being rubbish last season.

Outrage doesn't cover it.

Both your points are connected though, surely we were partially rubbish last season due to the decline (not necessarily terminal) of the manager we sacked?

I can't say you're wrong, I just have to wait and see on it... Hoping they pull a masterstroke out the bag!

It's certainly a big job remoulding the squad, coping with a couple of long term injuries and getting the recruitment right.

At least Lage has won something so hopefully he isn't a total dud, but the PL is very unforgiving and more illustrious managers have tried and failed.

Big test for Fosun, this

Well, if we appointed Alan Pardew I'd give him a fair go. But I'm pretty sure which way the wind would end up blowing.

I can do optimism, I can't do blind faith.

Back