• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Positively beautiful verdict thread

Great performance at both ends of the pitch. Entertaining to watch for the neutral fan too. Well deserved three points. Great start to the weekend

Zaha is a prick.

Reactions: b3h
You're probably right but was it as much to do with our quick passing and movement that created the space?
Partly, but its also the palace way to back off and back off - the quick balls out to Semedo to take avantage were excellent, but its stupid to give Neves that much time. It was almost like being back in the championship

Piece of piss in the end. First half was really outstanding, Palace were pretty toothless throughout.

Thought Palace looked a decent side - plenty of pace, skilful, and comfortable on the ball - far better than Newcastle.

I think Nuno read the Dull thread and took note! Excellent performance but it shows how fine the margins are as they could easily have scored and had two penalties.

Delighted with that first half. Fell a bit flat the 2nd (albeit, Palace woke up and became much more aggressive, so not entirely surprising) and we started resorting to lumping it forward a bit when clearing again - Raul didn't really have a prayer at holding the ball up as it was nowhere near him 99% of the time (that said, if I'm being hypercritical think he was getting a bit frustrated, two absolutely daft freekicks he gave away that could've been trouble)

Couple things to work on defensively as they got in behind a couple times and on another day we could've been 1-0 down and given away 2 pens. But, today is not that day, thankfully. Really good, crisp passing and movement first half and 2 really well taken goals - as we've mostly been saying in the other thread, the WBs and WFs really need to step up and contribute, and happily they all did tonight. Delighted for Ait Nouri, was everything I was hoping for from him - kid just has IT. Semedo's really starting to come into his own as well, you can see the confidence building. Neto and Podence were both very bright and lively again, but with something to show for it this time. Neves and Donck both very good as well, moved the ball quickly, pressed well, Donck could've had at least one with better luck.

Oh, and Zaha can GTF as usual.

Great performance. Very happy with that.
Hopefully we can take advantage of no Europa this season and push on.

Everybody played well!

Palace are well organised and difficult to break down.

We took them apart in the first half

Time to retire Roy with the tiny shred of dignity you hve left:

On Luka Milivojevic's red card: "My view is it's not a sending off and I've told (referee) Martin Atkinson that. He thinks there was a reason to give a red card but I've seen it as well and I certainly don't agree with that. It was a fair challenge and there was no intent to contact Joao Moutinho at all.

"I'm very disappointed with that one. It's the worst part of the evening in a way. There would have been positives to take, but to lose a player for three games for a challenge I didn't even consider a foul will be very hard to take."

We became poised with the introduction of RAN.

I predicted we'd lose 1-0 thought they'd shithouse their way to a win or draw. Despite the great start, their disallowed goal and our opener could've been a real sliding doors moment in terms of the game but we played some excellent stuff and it was an excellent debut from the lad.

A word though for Donk and Neves. Others will get the plaudits but Neves ran the show and Donk was like a defacto striker for parts of the first half always in and around whenever Podence or Neto got a cross in and so unlucky not to score.

Somedo is getting better and better each game. After each game I think "much better, but there's still so much more" I'm really excited to see what we have on our hands when he really clicks.

Podence is starting to really look dangerous every game too and Neto plays with a real precociousness you cant help but love.

I spoke in the week about Nuno's possible blindside hes laid the blueprint for overcoming that tonight and that's with RAN, Somedo and others still to further improve.

Excellent result, excellent performance, well done boys!!

fab debut by Ait Nouri, and I thought Neto and Semedo had super games (everyone else played well too!)

I'd agree with him on the intent but nothing else.

These days if you're going in with a straight leg you've got to be clean as a whistle otherwise it's almost certain it'll be your studs that are making contact somewhere along the line and then you're just hoping for the best. Looked like Moutinho just got his toe down before contact and that meant his foot was caught and gave his ankle a nasty turn as his calf was pushed across, that contact happens a second earlier and his leg is just pushed away in mid air at much less risk and the guy probably gets away with a yellow instead.

In normal speed it didn't look that bad, and there was definite intent to get the ball. The slow-mo with the stop as he connected on Joao's ankle showed how bad it could have been. Once the ref sees that it's never not a red card, very lucky to escape a serious injury.

Assuming RAN only played because Marcal was injured. Well he certainly grabbed his opportunity, even if he was lucky to get away with a foul in the area. Also seems to enjoy the occasional step over. Will be interesting to see if he plays every game now, or if Nuno alternates between him and Marcal dependent on the opposition.
With 2 attacking wing backs, Donk getting into the area, and Neves spraying passes everywhere, it will hopefully be a very exciting season.

Assuming RAN only played because Marcal was injured. Well he certainly grabbed his opportunity, even if he was lucky to get away with a foul in the area. Also seems to enjoy the occasional step over. Will be interesting to see if he plays every game now, or if Nuno alternates between him and Marcal dependent on the opposition.
With 2 attacking wing backs, Donk getting into the area, and Neves spraying passes everywhere, it will hopefully be a very exciting season.
And what do we do when Jonnys back?

And what do we do when Jonnys back?
Assuming he is as good as he was pre-injury then I think we may split the game time between RAN and Jonny depending on the game.

And Marçal drops to being back up.

I don't think anyone else is going to be as accommodating as Palace for the wingbacks, every pass out to Samedo there wasn't a Palace player within 10 yards of him, if we could have had last seasons Traore in the pitch he'd of had a field day :)

That said Traore looked a bit sharper this week in his cameo.Even had a shot on target!

We've got a proper murderer's row of fixtures to the end of the year, and tbh much as I back the kid even I'd be a bit cautious about playing him in some of them. That said, I'm less worried about Leicester than I would be if Pereira was fit so for the immediate future I think (hope) the spot is his to lose.

Back