• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Positively beautiful verdict thread

Assuming he is as good as he was pre-injury then I think we may split the game time between RAN and Jonny depending on the game.

And Marçal drops to being back up.
Or even split with Semedo?
Either way, in all departments we have a clear competition for places with quality back up and a youthful look
Very good improvement compared to the Newcastle game, and builds confidence with three tough games to come.
I’d say six or seven points out of nine and we can start seeing a more clear picture as to how far we have come after 10 games
Overall very pleased so far with a hint of trepidation 😁

If we steer clear of injuries I think Nuno is going to have to rotate more than he has done traditionally. We all wanted a stronger bench and now we have one, but some of those more experienced stronger players are going to be difficult to keep happy without games.

Semedo is an interesting one for me - love him bombing forwards but would love him to really work on being stronger and more difficult to get past - can be a bit powderpuff defensively - that said, seeing him take a Coady diagonal and motor down the flank is very pleasing to the eye.

Don't think Semedo was that bad defensively, yes they got past him to the byline a couple of times but they had to work hard to do it and the resultant crosses were asily dealt with

Don't think Semedo was that bad defensively, yes they got past him to the byline a couple of times but they had to work hard to do it and the resultant crosses were asily dealt with
I’m being picky - just think he could make things a bit more awkward. I loved our wingbacks’ contributions last night.

That said Traore looked a bit sharper this week in his cameo.Even had a shot on target!
He wasn't, he was terrible again. Looked more likely to fall over his own feet than make anything happen.

I’m being picky - just think he could make things a bit more awkward. I loved our wingbacks’ contributions last night.
Oh there's no doubt he can improve and Nuno will be working on that

He wasn't, he was terrible again. Looked more likely to fall over his own feet than make anything happen.
disagree that he was terrible, not at last seasons level but a slight improvement on previous couple of games.....he didn't have long to get into the game tbf, I'm not writing him off yet, we're gunna need him over the course of the season

As good as RAN was yesterday, it's churlish not to mention the challenge on Zaha in the box. For me that should have been a penalty, RAN is no where near the ball.

Also, I though Zaha could easily have been sent off after the minor altercation with Aït-Nouri.

There was definitely a naivety to his defending but he is young, I think when Jonny is back the duties will be shared depending on who we are playing

I thought his defending was very good in the main. Took up good positions and protected Max when he needed to.

His one rush of blood could've cost us but Zaha being the prick he is deserved to get fuck all.

Some of RAN's strength in the tackle was Jonny-esque

There was definitely a naivety to his defending but he is young, I think when Jonny is back the duties will be shared depending on who we are playing
One fortunate escape aside, I thought his defending was ok. If anything, Semedo (who had a terrific game) maybe got caught out defensively more than RAN. Both players however were superb overall, no question they have big potential.

Excellent article by Tim II on the athletic about RAN last night, when he sticks to writing without the nonsense hyperbole he is quite good.

As good as RAN was yesterday, it's churlish not to mention the challenge on Zaha in the box. For me that should have been a penalty, RAN is no where near the ball.

Also, I though Zaha could easily have been sent off after the minor altercation with Aït-Nouri.
It was a penalty, but only just, minimal contact, didn't exactly clean him out....anyway it only equalised the penalty that was given, not a pen in a million years, we were only saved by the offside.
On the nonsense by Zaha with RAN, wondering if he was giving Zaha loads of verbal? Out shithousing the shithouser if you like......hope so, that would be glorious

One fortunate escape aside, I thought his defending was ok. If anything, Semedo (who had a terrific game) maybe got caught out defensively more than RAN. Both players however were superb overall, no question they have big potential.
Please don't think I was criticising him, I just thought it was a bit naive to get caught on the wrong side of Zaha, but I suppose it could happen to anyone.

It was a penalty, but only just, minimal contact, didn't exactly clean him out....anyway it only equalised the penalty that was given, not a pen in a million years, we were only saved by the offside.
On the nonsense by Zaha with RAN, wondering if he was giving Zaha loads of verbal? Out shithousing the shithouser if you like......hope so, that would be glorious
The first was never a penalty, fortunately it was offside so no harm was done!

Donk man of the match, for me. He was everywhere. One of the first names on the teamsheet for me - and that’s a massive compliment considering he’s been in and out up to now. He & Neves are starting to form a really good partnership in the middle - where Neves is a little more defensively aware - it allows Donk to bomb on in to the box and the only thing missing last night was a goal.

Podence was excellent in the first half - ran the show.

Ait-Nouri was everything I expected him to be and clearly a step up on Vinagre.

I still think we are some way off hitting top gear, so to have the points total we currently have is very pleasing.

Semedo is an interesting one for me - love him bombing forwards but would love him to really work on being stronger and more difficult to get past - can be a bit powderpuff defensively - that said, seeing him take a Coady diagonal and motor down the flank is very pleasing to the eye.
Hes no worse than Doherty was defensively.
FWIW, I hadn't been too convinced by Semedo so far, but last night was the first time I could fully see what Nuno and the scouting team saw when looking to replace Doc. Very solid performance by him.

Everyone on Soccer Saturday saying how good we were and destined for a top four finish, the only dissenting voice was Pulis who thought it was never a sending off, even uttered the immortal 'a few years ago' ..... tosser

Reactions: b3h
Back