• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Pre-season friendly thread

He is - always talking, calling players over and encouraging them. He was doing it with MGW all first half. It's what young players need and it's great to see.

I still don't think much of Otasowie - just looks very clumsy and cumbersome.
I believe the term is “Bambi on ice”.

We look very organised and mobile this half and not at all pedestrian on the counter. Quick passing to get it up front to create an opportunity. Yerson happy to dish it out too
The Prem is like a pillow fight compared to the Colombian league tbh.

Fabio seems to have spent the summer getting stronger and quicker too, which is good to see.

GET EM YERSON

If we did play a back three I think Yerson is someone who could flourish with Coady next to him talking.

Bruno to Cundle just now:

“STOP THE CROSS! NO CROSS IN!”

Dilemma for Bruno - we look miles better with 3 at the back...

If we did play a back three I think Yerson is someone who could flourish with Coady next to him talking.
Didn’t look like he needed any help staying switched on to me.

I’m putting money on him being a first choice in the backline by the end of the season.

Good stuff overall I think. Definitely looked sharper second half even with all the subs, did well to stay organised.

hard not to be excited by Mosquera. Thought Cundle looked tidy (as he usually does)

We won’t be signing another centre half if big Yers plays like this . Colossus!
Sa looked calm and assured and quick off his line.
Cutrone scored.
Semedo looked good.
Moutinho looked up for it.
Gibbs White was great first half.
All in all that was positive.

Didn’t look like he needed any help staying switched on to me.

I’m putting money on him being a first choice in the backline by the end of the season.

Definitely. But we were lots better at going back-to-front second half, I think the back three/five will have given food for thought.

I like Owen Otasowie a lot, people always saying he looks clumsy and ungainly which I get but he also looks incredibly strong and confident for a 20 year old, he gets in good areas of space and he does turn out of challengers and pressing really well at times. I'd be looking to get him involved personally, got all the physical traits you can't coach and just needs work on the things you can coach.

Happy that we got better as the game went on.

Mosquera looks like a proper defender, as in, it's instinctive to him what he needs to do.

Didn't think MGW was that great, seemed to always make the wrong decision except for when the lino did.

Neves with an Alice band leaves me very conflicted

Sa looked excellent. Off his line quickly, good with his feet. Didn’t have a save to make, but we already know he’s a decent shot stopper. Very pleased with what I saw from him in that second half.

Mosquera is very raw, but it’s hard not to like him. Perhaps a little overzealous in a couple of tackles, but won’t criticise him for that - worry that in the PL against clever players, he’ll pick up a few cards. But he looks like a solid addition.

Cundle put in better corners than Moutinho or Neves. Thought he played really well.

Decent run out for the lads. Also, fantastic to see Raul back - we missed him so much last season.

Definitely. But we were lots better at going back-to-front second half, I think the back three/five will have given food for thought.
Ah, misunderstood your point, then. We agree!

Back