• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Pre-season friendly thread

Cutrone is off he's been told to find another club and he wants to go a tap in changes nothing.

Mosquera looked good as Jinky said he is raw so I can't see him starting any of the early games but with some work they might have a player on their hands there.

Decent that, nice finish by Cutrone and nice to see Neves in Old Gold once more! Sa's keeping looks a bit, err, eccentric at times but then he does play in Marigolds

Decent that, nice finish by Cutrone and nice to see Neves in Old Gold once more! Sa's keeping looks a bit, err, eccentric at times but then he does play in Marigolds
He's got that ability to pick up the ball with one hand which I always rate in a keeper

A word on Bruno Lage. The man doesn’t shut up . He is like a cat on hot bricks and he misses nothing. Constantly encouraging and asking things of his players . Very encouraging.

I liked this too. There was one point he called MGW and RAN over to give instructions too. It's good to see and similar to what Nuno did in his first couple of seasons here - he hardly did it last year though.

Cutrone is off he's been told to find another club and he wants to go a tap in changes nothing.
I expect him to leave but what is good (and will help him in his mission to find a new home) is his attitude. For a player we know can be moody and think fuck this shit when it's not going his way, he was the opposite of that today.

Roll back a few years and go down a level or 5 and we had a forward in Joe Mason who was told he had no future and he proceeded to put in some woeful efforts in pre season games.

Fabio unquestionably bulked up from last season
The other player who seems to have put some weight on - hopefully muscle - is Semedo

Im a bit worried by Hoever though, dont think he has what it takes so far..maybe he will improve

Didn't watch the game, so not saying anything is right or wrong, but there's a lot of strong opinions based on a kick about

Didn't watch the game, so not saying anything is right or wrong, but there's a lot of strong opinions based on a kick about
That’s a shame. Perhaps you would have seen the positives that others did. There were a number on show from players, coach and in style. And Betis were no mugs. Nice to have a largely positive match day thread was my thought. Better than about 30 last year .

Missed the second half but some encouraging reviews of Sa and Mosquera particularly.

I know it's just pre-season but at least we're underway and have some actual football to base our views on, even if it isn't competitive

A fair reminder. At least the new lads didn't look like total shite though!

Yep. The only friendly that truly matters in terms of performance is the last one anyway tbh. But it was nice to see Mosquera play, and I was encouraged by Gibbs-White's role.

Back