• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Preston (H, LC) 23/8 Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at the game Saturday.

I don’t think you need to worry about our forwards having less confidence than they already have.

I'm not sure it's a confidence issue but if that's what you think it is then I can see why you'd want them to run up a score on a side that wouldn't get out of the conference. I don't think it's that simple.

Preston are somehow even worse than us in terms of scoring goals. They have 1 goal in 5 league games this season, although they did stick 4 goals past Huddersfield in the first round of this competition (which proves that scoring goals in the league cup does absolutely nothing to improve league form).

That said, I'd definitely be starting Raul here. Not because I think he'll suddenly have loads of confidence if he smacks in a few goals - although it won't do him any harm - but mainly just to get him back to some sort of match sharpness. We need him starting from next weekend.

I'd probably start Moutinho for the same reason. He didn't miss a beat against Spurs, but I'd give him some more minutes here.

Maybe if Preston are struggling for goals we can smuggle Leo & Cutrone on to their team bus before they leave...

Ronan, Mosquera and Campbell starting tonight so not playing tomorrow

Yeah so probably
Sarkic
Semedo Boly Toti Bueno
Donck Moutinho Cundle
Adama Raul Hwang

Maybe Kilman in if that left side seems a bit young and Nunes maybe for Cundle.

Yeah so probably
Sarkic
Semedo Boly Toti Bueno
Donck Moutinho Cundle
Adama Raul Hwang

Maybe Kilman in if that left side seems a bit young and Nunes maybe for Cundle.
Toti is 23 tbf (I know he doesn't have a huge amount of football behind him, but he's as physically developed as he's likely ever going to be). We can't be hiding him away at this stage, he can either play a part or he can't and he shouldn't be here.

Yeah true. I could see him playing left back tomorrow though like in pre-season

Fuck Traore, his performance in a similar game (Sheff Utd in the FA Cup) was shambolic. Don't want him starting. The guy is done.

I'd start Ronan ahead of Cundle . I wouldn't start Moutinho - we need to maximise his strengths this season and he doesn't need games into his legs as last Saturday showed .
Ronan has played far more senior football - way more in fact - than Cundle . The leagues might not have been at the same standard as the Premier League - but they were a damn sight better than u 23 .

I haven't a clue what the plan is with Ronan or Cundle , and whether or not that plays a part , but if is has no bearing then I'd give Ronan a game .

Ronan played for the U21’s last night.
Just spotted that before you posted .

Mosquera , Hodge , Campbell and Ronan all started . No sign of Cundle . Won 2 - 0 .

Hard to know what all that means . I suppose if the likes of Campbell is being loaned out , then he needs games like this for clubs to watch him and make a call . Mosquera similar . People already know what Ronan can do .

Guessing this won't be viewable anywhere as they don't have League cup games on ifollow anymore.

Guessing this won't be viewable anywhere as they don't have League cup games on ifollow anymore.

Doesn't look to be on

Anyone know if the live comms on Wolves needs STH status? Or if it's on any radio?

On a side note, for those that are going, what drinking holes do you all go to nowadays?

Doesn't look to be on

Anyone know if the live comms on Wolves needs STH status? Or if it's on any radio?

Think the comms on the wolves site is free.

Reactions: b3h
Doesn't look to be on

dunno where games are on the radio anymore. I was travelling to a bowls match saturday and couldn't listen to the spurs game as I don't have DAB in the car (assuming it was on five live sports extra?)

Reactions: b3h
Radio commentary of a Carabao Cup Round Two game?!

There must be something better to do...

You no longer need to pay/be a member of some kind for commentary from the official site, that was a Jez scam rather than a Vinny scam. Though seriously, I wouldn't bother.

Radio commentary of a Carabao Cup Round Two game?!

There must be something better to do...

You no longer need to pay/be a member of some kind for commentary from the official site, that was a Jez scam rather than a Vinny scam. Though seriously, I wouldn't bother.

Id watch it if I could get it on. As it is I'll just watch whichever game is televised and check the score sporadically, radio commentary is aids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back