• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Preston (H, LC) 23/8 Build-Up & Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
I expect us to go pretty strong. We did last year at Forest, we need to get some win, any win from somewhere and if we send out a glorified U21 team Preston will beat us.

--------------------------------Sarkic-------------------------

Semedo-------------Boly--------------Toti-----------Bueno

--------------Dendoncker----Nunes-----Neves----------

--------------Campbell------Raul-------Adama--------------

I expect us to go pretty strong. We did last year at Forest, we need to get some win, any win from somewhere and if we send out a glorified U21 team Preston will beat us.

--------------------------------Sarkic-------------------------

--------------Dendoncker----Nunes-----Neves----------

--------------Campbell------Raul-------Adama--------------
This looks about right and should beat Preston, I’d say.

I’d probably give Neves the night off though.

Not sure he’d risk Adama being cup tied - it’s going to be hard enough to shift him as it is. And, judging by yesterday’s body language, he probably won’t want to play anyway.

DWs team with Cundle instead of Neves. We've kept him for this game so I presume he'll play

I like the team but like TT would also give Cundle a game.

Definitely need to put out a strong team, if only for confidence we need that win. Both times we played lower-league sides in the cup last season the performances were good and brought plenty of goals. Have to aim for the same.

If Cundle is going on loan we might not want him cup tied.

No one is going to change their mind on signing players based on whether they can or can't play in the League Cup.

Definitely need to go for a win here and get some confidence going.

------------------------Sarkic-------------------------

--------------Ronan------Dendoncker----Cundle---------

--------------Campbell------Raul-------Hwang-------------
I think it will be close to this but with Adama on the right. Maybe Toti left back and Mosquera centre back too

I'd like Bueno and Campbell in purely because I haven't seen either play live (maybe Campbell once off the bench)

would.like to see Guedes and Nunes play just to get some more minutes for the club say 60 each.

Cundle to start
Raul again needs minutes
if we are selling Boly dont play him fuck getting him ready to play

use this game to get the first team firing, try get some confidence in. Neto gets a rest after last seasons injury

4-4 fuckin 2.

Neto.because he needs games to get better match fitness, Traore because there's no fucker else who can play as a winger that side.

....................... Sarkic

Semedo - Kilman - Boly - Gomes

Traore - Cundle - Dendoncker - Neto

.............. Jimenez - Hwang

I'd just stick the u23s in, pointless competition and it's no easier to win than the FA Cup so it ends up being games for the sake of it. They should just bin it off tbh.

I'd just stick the u23s in, pointless competition and it's no easier to win than the FA Cup so it ends up being games for the sake of it. They should just bin it off tbh.
Have to disagree, to me (and probably a fair number of other fans) it's a proper competition, league is top, then FA Cup, then League Cup. I know we have virtually no chance of winning it, but that's goes for every other competition and no doubt some of it is sentimentality as its the only thing we've won in my lifetime (I was only 18 months old last time we won the FA cup)

Preston will play the reserves, question is do our reserves have enough in them (playing at half pace, standard for this competition) to win the game?

I want to win the game and win it comfortably. Not because I care about progressing in this competition but to gain some confidence and momentum.

I can handle playing Hwang and Adama. Raul and Semedo need the minutes. I don’t want to be playing Campbell, Bueno, Ronan and Cundle if we have no interest in playing them in the league. They can play the last 30 but don’t want them starting.

Not sure I go along with this.

Great opportunity for Raul, for example, to get some minutes, and hopefully a goal or two. Would definitely give him some confidence going into the weekend.

Same for Neto, Podence, Guedes and Hwang - a goal and a good performance could kick start their seasons.

Pretty sure if you ask any striker/forward player - irrespective of the opposition - they love to be playing and love scoring goals even more.

Not sure I go along with this.

Great opportunity for Raul, for example, to get some minutes, and hopefully a goal or two. Would definitely give him some confidence going into the weekend.

Same for Neto, Podence, Guedes and Hwang - a goal and a good performance could kick start their seasons.

Pretty sure if you ask any striker/forward player - irrespective of the opposition - they love to be playing and love scoring goals even more.

I'm not sure scoring against a championship sides reserves is gonna breed confidence.

By the same respect, if they don't score against them does that ruin any confidence they have?

I'm not sure scoring against a championship sides reserves is gonna breed confidence.

By the same respect, if they don't score against them does that ruin any confidence they have?
I was at the game Saturday.

I don’t think you need to worry about our forwards having less confidence than they already have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back