• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Punjabi Wolves

Just as i thought, cracking stuff, although i'd have to change the lyrics.

Like I say, good in the concourse and before the game, but when you've got that going throughout the game it's a bit shit as you only get songs like that.

Like I say, good in the concourse and before the game, but when you've got that going throughout the game it's a bit $#@! as you only get songs like that.

Good point, we've never been very innovative when it comes to chants.

Pointless voting on that because the yes votes are all biased votes. Great to see what Punjabi Wolves are doing but hell no to drums inside the ground.

I'd be alright with it if it was just for one or two games a season.

I still don't forgive them for beating two of my teams to the Wolverhampton 7s title..... :-(

I quite like drums and horns in MLS so I'd be okay with it here, too. Can't say the idea that drums are "small time" holds any water with me.

Spend an hour with the band that follow England....your mind will be changed

The Barmy Army's (Cricket) trumpeter is pretty good.

I quite like drums and horns in MLS so I'd be okay with it here, too. Can't say the idea that drums are "small time" holds any water with me.

Football supporter is all about the pissed up male singing without getting laugh at. Outdoor Karaoke without the shit wav file music...

Fan culture is very different in US and UK. Fans in the MLS have really bought into the European 'active support' stuff and some of the displays of passion they put on on matchdays are just incredible. If a team tried to do that here they'd be laughed out of the stadium though, I'd find it incredibly cringeworthy and a bit jarring if an English team were to start doing it. Palace do a few of those call-and-respond type chants and it just doesn't sit right with me but that doesn't mean I wouldn't I'd love to go to a Seattle Sounders game to sample the atmosphere there.

I guess I don't understand why on one piece of land it's great but on a different island it's not?

The organised chanting/drumming when I went to watch Hertha was ace, far better than their football.

I guess I don't understand why on one piece of land it's great but on a different island it's not?

150 odd years of fan culture is hard to change. If the S1 guys tried to do a tifo display at Molineux people would be seriously pissed off. Equally, if someone at an MLS game started chanting "time to go, time to go, time to go, FUCK OFF!" like the South Bank were chanting at Derby fans after the second goal on Friday night I'd imagine it wouldn't go down too well.

The organised chanting/drumming when I went to watch Hertha was ace, far better than their football.

It wouldn't work at Wolves though. The closest we get is writing 'Moxley Out' in biro on a crusty bedsheet.

150 odd years of fan culture is hard to change. If the S1 guys tried to do a tifo display at Molineux people would be seriously pissed off. Equally, if someone at an MLS game started chanting "time to go, time to go, time to go, $#@! OFF!" like the South Bank were chanting at Derby fans after the second goal on Friday night I'd imagine it wouldn't go down too well.
You'd be surprised by some of our chants, then!

+2, but need to log onto Facebook to vote. Never keen to log onto Facebook when I program forces you to.
Same here, don't fancy linking it to Facebook.

Back