• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Rangers

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
Going into admin it seems...and could end up getting liquidated.

Been talked about for ages. They have just signed Daniel Cousin on loan so obviously not that cash strapped in they pay wages still.

And it pops up on SSN. I shall never doubt you Lavelle..

Portsmouth can burn in hell but I would be sad to see a club like Rangers go down.

Celtic don't need Rangers. Scottish football doesn't need Rangers.

Sounds a lovely chap.

To be fair, Scottish football doesn't need either of them.

If I could manipulate that, I would, but it's a tad too much of a stretch...

But I'm sure you meant, 'To be fair, no one needs Scottish Football'

See my blog on the Home Page...

No, I think the league would be better if they didn't have two teams miles and miles better than everyone else. I'm not sure you can really knock Scottish league football coming from Ireland!

So the SPL will be a one-horse race every year then?

Celtic would have to join the EPL then to even up the numbers in the SPL.

Just thought I'd give a view from someone that lives in Scotland and supports Celtic to this!

Firstly on Celtic: Our chief executive (Peter Lawell) only said that we could live without Rangers FINANCIALLY. We have just released interim financial results and as a club we are very secure financially. We have slashed our minimal debt by £2m and still made a small profit even though we never sold any big players in the January transfer window. Peter Lawell was correct in saying that we do not need Rangers in order to keep sustainable financial state. The way the media have put it across is that all we need is Rangers and that is what is keeping us stable however Lawell is just saying we dont just rely on them for income, and we could survive without them.

Now on Rangers affairs: As most would know they have gotten themselves in a horrible position. They have no one else to blame but themselves! Their glory days when they won 9 in a row is now catching up with them as it was always going to happen. Spending for example £12m on Tore Andre Flo, was always going to come back and bite them. Now they have a £49m tax bill hanging over their heads. Rangers owner (Craig Whyte) has said that today they have 'lodged' papers in Edinburgh's High Court for intent to go into Administration. He has said they have done this while they are in talks with the HMRC of potentially paying less of the tax bill than first mentioned (49m). I'm not that clued up on all of this but my understanding is that Whyte is negotiating a figure with the HMRC and basically saying if we go into administration you wont be getting as much as I am offering you just now. They have 10 days to make the administration official so he will be negotiating with the HMRC but the reality is that they WILL go into administration, however WILL NOT be closed down.

Here is a video if Whyte saying what the club are planning to do/have already done: http://www.rangerstv.tv/viewfree.php?it=10193&c=inside Ibrox&r=236678734985

As a Celtic fan you could probably imagine that I am laughing my way through this whole fiasco and I do believe Celtic can survive financially without Rangers, however I cant bring myself to think that there will never be a derby game again as they really are special nights.

Bookies have started paying out people that put bets on for Celtic to win the league, so happy days for us Celtic fans, with the potential for Rangers being deducted 10 points :)

This will be really bad for Scottish football it will probably gurantee Celtic the title for Celtic for next three seasons at least.it will mean rangers will have to sell there best players and unable to bring anyone in of any quality. That means celtics closest challengers would be ie Dundee utd, hearts or Motherwell who never going to compete with size of club Celtic are. It may also effect Celtic in champions league football to due to a lack of competive matches. You could look at it another way it gives other clubs a chance at Europe.

This will be really bad for Scottish football it will probably gurantee Celtic the title for Celtic for next three seasons at least.it will mean rangers will have to sell there best players and unable to bring anyone in of any quality. That means celtics closest challengers would be ie Dundee utd, hearts or Motherwell who never going to compete with size of club Celtic are. It may also effect Celtic in champions league football to due to a lack of competive matches. You could look at it another way it gives other clubs a chance at Europe.

You see this is the thing. IF they do completely go out of business Celtic will have guaranteed league win every single season. Not very attractive at all! The way our chief executive was speaking today it sounded as if should anything happen to them, we will be able to continue to flourish as a club, and the only way we can do this is getting out of the Scottish League. I believe we will do everything in our powers to get into the English league (que we dont want you's here) but I can see this happening if it was only us and not both teams. All the other forums I have been on people supporting English teams have said we dont want the 'sectarianism' ect.... down here, for me a lame excuse, as its isn't as bad as what the media portray it as. I'd expect Celtic to stay in the SPL for a few years and try and get somewhere in Europe and then move leagues. Of course this is all a massive IF! But it is food for thought.

Back