• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Reading 2 - Wolves 1 - the why do I bother verdict thread

Parkins left foot

'Quirk's Gay Game Winner'
Reaction score
Don't think that we played that badly even with a strange team selection.

Didn't have the quality when it mattered in the second half - we are in real danger of going down if we cannot turn pressure into goals

This fucking gimp.

Can you believe it....

mcshane.jpg

Sounds like we deserved a point but deserved gets you nothing. Six straight defeats including Chelsea and only three scored.

Thought some of the changes made were good ideas and I'd hope we stick with leaving Doherty out and playing Saiss, Hause and Iorfa. However playing Coady and Edwards together in midfield is not the answer to anything and we desperately need to find a solution there.

We are rapidly approaching the "Welcome to Walsall" verdict thread...

Really can't see a way out of this abysmal run of form. Absolutely shocking.

Can't wait for the South Bank to break out the "We're going to Shrewsbury" song...

If we don't win next week we are down. Fans will turn and we know how that ends.

Sounds like we deserved a point but deserved gets you nothing. Six straight defeats including Chelsea and only three scored.

Thought some of the changes made were good ideas and I'd hope we stick with leaving Doherty out and playing Saiss, Hause and Iorfa. However playing Coady and Edwards together in midfield is not the answer to anything and we desperately need to find a solution there.

Bright or Cav would be better than Edwards and Price/ Evans instead of Coady. If only we had a midfielder in form instead of on loan...

Yep - I agree with this.

At least it sounded like we looked like a better side after we equalised. It's not enough - of course it isn't - but we desperately need to focus on things that DO work. I would hope that we keep Saiss, Hause and Williamson (after his suspension!) in the side.

We looked like getting nothing from the first whistle last week - deserving to come away with something away against a top 6 side is some improvement. But still nowhere near good enough. We've got to stop the rot and we need 4 points from the next week.

If we do go down this is entirely thelwell's fault.

Bright or Cav would be better than Edwards and Price/ Evans instead of Coady. If only we had a midfielder in form instead of on loan...

Yeah but Thelwell didn't like him because he didn't sign him

How nice would it be to have a forward thinking manager that looks to attack teams?

With just three teams below us, with a manager in charge who has absolutely no idea what his best 11 is, and looking at our horrific run of form with no sign of a draw, let alone a win, coming any time soon - I can't see anything other than relegation, I'm afraid.

We're going down to League 1 with Billionaire owners. You couldn't make it up!

Apparently some nasty defending for their winner. How you keep their heads up after all those changes and no reward is a conundrum. Hoping Cav is back soon. Win the next two and it looks better.

Sounded better than v B'ham (though that would not be difficult) - midfield was a desert though

Just playing 2 of Price/Evans/Saiss in there would be the best that we have got (whether that is good enough is a different question) & someone other than Edwards in the supposed 10 role would give us more of a chance.

Sounded as if Saville did no worse than the gloved one at LB.

If we had played at this level last Friday we would have probably won - we didn't

We've now got Ipswich, Rotherham, Brentford and Fulham. We simply have to take 6 points from those 4 games. That would give us 41 with 9 to play and we must surely be able to crawl to safety from there

Yeah we badly need Cav back - that should boost the side and give us another badly needed attacking option.

Back