• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Reading 2 - Wolves 1 - the why do I bother verdict thread

Go ahead quirk

Fred. I feel we are close to the best XI we can put out and just the odd tweak is really all that is needed as there isn't a lot of quality that can come in so just a case of balance in defence and attack.
Best I could see?

------------------------------- Ikeme ---------------------------

Iorfa -------------- Williamson --- Hause ---------- CBJ(Saville)

---------------------- Price -------- Saiss -----------------------

Costa ----------------- Bod/Bright/Evans ------------- Cavaleiro

----------------------------- Dicko --------------------------------

That is based on the fitness attainable this season and leaves Graham and Zyro to have a full preseason and come back fit.

So yes, the odd tweak here and there is fine as long as it removes Doherty, Coady and Edwards from the team and we play quick, intelligent, attacking football using passing and not aimless hoofs

Lambert until yesterday had persisted with Batth Stearman Doherty and still picked Savile Coady and Edwards. Your line up improves our chances of beating the drop but I predict Lambert will never play it

Lambert until yesterday had persisted with Batth Stearman Doherty and still picked Savile Coady and Edwards. Your line up improves our chances of beating the drop but I predict Lambert will never play it

The thing is it is picking the best players available and playing them in the correct position...Why the fuck can't an experienced, professional, well paid manager see or do that?

The thing that is starting to do my head in is the fact that there are 5 or 6 changes every game

We may have to play twice a week, & I couldn't do it (then again I am 30 yrs older than the oldest of them), but these are young professional sportsman - & if they can't then we are paying them far too much & need to find players who can cope with that.

Pick the best players & stick with them

The thing is it is picking the best players available and playing them in the correct position...Why the $#@! can't an experienced, professional, well paid manager see or do that?

For far too long wolves managers seem convinced that buying a player for one position then playing them in another is a good idea. The only one it has come close to working with over time was the conversion of Ward from forward to full back

Coady midfield playing at full back
Doherty rb playing at lb
Savile mid, selected for fb
Marshall fb or wb selected RM or rf or lf
Edwards number 10
Mason left wing

Frustrating for fans, demoralising for players

Did anyone go? Fancy giving ratings? I'm wondering how certain players did.

1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1..there you go

Did anyone go? Fancy giving ratings? I'm wondering how certain players did.

Ikeme 5 - didn't have anything to do except pick the ball out of the net twice. Seemed slow for both goals mind.

Iorfa 6.5 - Solid defensively, a threat coming forward second half when we were on top but no end product.

Williamson 7 - Marshalled the defence really well (except for the winner). Enjoyed watching him and looks to use the ball as well. Unlucky to be sent off.

Hause 7 - won his individual battles, looked better alongside Willo. Has to start.

Saville 6 - He did ok, got skinned a couple of times and needed help from Marshall. Came forward effectively a couple of times. Not any kind of answer at LB though.

Saiss 7.5 - used the ball well, broke up play, constantly involved (unlike most of our CMs), HAS to start, he's miles better than our other options here.

Coady 4 - to be honest I'm sure he's a good lad etc but he does my fucking head in. Never near the action and absolutely atrocious on the ball.

Edwards 5 - just doesn't influence the game, not terrible per se but just not involved.

Marshall 6.5 - thought he looked alright and visibly slimmer than before. Decent touch, effective defensively and a good run across the defender for the goal. Better than Weimann.

Costa 6 - quiet to be honest except for one run in the first half. Didn't get the ball to him enough but he had little space to run into behind.

Dicko 6 - did well for the goal but didn't look like scoring himself. Shouldn't have been replaced by Weimann mind.

Nice one, thanks a lot.

Back