• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Reading (A) build up 06/02

YoungWolf

World Cup 2014 PTG Champion - Not actually that Yo
Reaction score
My ticket for this has just arrived. £13 and less than that to get to Reading and back! Anyone else going?

I'm going, only the second time this season. My lad chose this as a birthday treat, so the £13 U25 ticket is a hit with me too!

Haha nice one! I've not been to Reading yet, does anyone know how close to the train station it is?

Thanks mate

Yeah there's not much around the stadium from what I remember, only a hotel anywhere near in terms of getting a drink.

Perhaps it's only 13 quid because they know only 1 team will be trying to play football!!

There's absolutely bob all around the stadium apart from a pizza hut, a TK Maxx and a B&Q. Maybe a McDonald's drive-through too. Drink in the town and get a bus there.

Yeah you can get a bus from the train station to the ground.

I hate Reading. A town full of cunts. However, it will always be where Alex Rae gave me my greatest ever Wolves moment.

Nobody has put a team up yet so FWIW:
Ikeme - Martinez if fit
Byrne - I think Iorfa needs a break for a couple of games
Batth
EEL
Deslandes
RVLP
Price
McDonald
Rowe
Mason
Le Fondre

I expect the same again.

I accept that mine is a very risky defence. I don't think it really matters whether we play Siggy or Le Fondre up front, they are both ineffective having the ball belted up at them. Even the balls Siggy flicked on Tuesday he ended up chasing himself. Getting beyond the forward doesn't seem to be Mason's game based on Bolton, much as it isn't Edwards'

I hope Wolves have been working on passing drills during the week which enable the ball into Joe Masons feet so we can start building the play through midfield. Novel concept.

Martinez; Iorfa, Batth, EEL, Deslandes; Saville, Price; VLP, Mason, Byrne; ALF

Not enough balance in that side for my liking (particularly the left side) but Ikeme needs dropping (lolz), as does McDonald.

What I'd like to see

Martinez

Iorfa Batth EEL Deslandes

Saville Price

Byrne Mason van La Parra

Sigurdarson​

What it'll be

Ikeme

Iorfa Batth EEL Doherty

Henry Coady McDonald Rowe

Mason

Sigurdarson​

Fair play to all those going. But I can't see us getting anything there.

Yep, Roberto Carlos and Tommy Rowe certain starters

Lycan;869460 said:
What it'll be

Ikeme

Iorfa Batth EEL Doherty

Henry Coady McDonald Rowe

Mason

Sigurdarson​

Fixed for you Lycan.

Fair play to all those going. But I can't see us getting anything there.

Reading are truly awful. Their recent record is almost as bad as Bolton's. As shit as we are we could easily scrape another jammy 1-0.

Back