• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Reading (A) build up 06/02

Fixed for you Lycan.

Ha! Well, yes. I do feel Mason will provide more support in that position than Dangerous Dave did though. Edwards would never have scored Mason's goal the other night, he'd have been 10-15 yards behind the play when Bjorn's shot was saved.

Martinez ruled out again.

Him and Williamson should be available for the Preston game.

Hard to muster much in the way of enthusiasm. We have a lot of players who really don't deserve to be playing but not that many alternatives. When we do have an alternative in Byrne - who I don't think anyone is bigging up as the saviour, we'd just like to see him play especially when we're benching him and playing people out of position - he never gets used.

I reckon it'll be the same team bar Henry for VLP.

2015/16: W 1-0 (H)
2014/15: L 1-2 (H), D 3-3 (A)
2008/9: L 0-3 (H), L 0-1 (A)
2005/6: L 0-2 (H), D 1-1 (A)
2004/5: W 4-1 (H), W 2-1 (A)
2002/3: L 0-1 (H), W 1-0 (A), W 2-1 (H, P/O), W 1-0 (A, P/O)
1997/8: W 3-1 (H), D 0-0 (A), L 2-4 (A, LC)
1996/7: L 0-1 (H), L 1-2 (A)
1995/6: D 1-1 (H), L 0-3 (A)

Martinez seems to have been out a long time. I thought that originally it was a groin strain that would keep him out for two or three weeks.

Martinez seems to have been out a long time. I thought that originally it was a groin strain that would keep him out for two or three weeks.
Thigh strain. He could do everything bar kick the ball hard and that kept him out longer. He came back and then did the injury again.

If your Brian McDermott your going to target the vacant space which opens up down Wolves left flank. It could be a long afternoon.

Only change I would expect is possibly Henry for RVLP or Rowe (to be swopped around 70 minutes due to being ineffective as a starter as normal).
Whatever the outcome I'm hoping we will give the younger players a few games soon as this season inevitably peters out in a month or so.

Only change I would expect is possibly Henry for RVLP or Rowe (to be swopped around 85 minutes due to being ineffective as a starter as normal).
Whatever the outcome I'm hoping we will give the younger players a few games soon as this season inevitably peters out in a month or so.

FFY.

Ken wouldn't be so hasty.

This should be one I would do seeing as how it is an easier trip than a home game (either by car or train) but really don't have enough enthusiasm.

If I was going to watch Wolves v Reading then think I would rather go to the FA Youth cup tomorrow tie night at Molineux

I'm looking forward to it - but then I always look forward to watching us live, even if we really are hopeless.

Obvious statement. Sad fact is until the back 4/5 change, we have little chance of improving.

Obvious statement. Sad fact is until the back 4/5 change, we have little chance of improving.

Agree - all the time the current weaknesses at the back remain it has a direct bearing on who gets to play further forward just to provide enough protection to vaguely give us a chance of a positive result

Once we get Williamson, Hause & Martinez back we should look a lot better IMO. Unfortunately I think we're stuck with the truly desperate partnership of Coady & McDonald until the end of the season (or at least until Edwards is back).

In a perfect world what we need tomorrow is a routine, deserved, 2-0 win. How long has it been since we had something like that? Sigurdarson to get himself off the mark and Mason to continue his goal scoring start to his Wolves career. Reading are dreadful at the moment, their fans are going through a similar kind of season to us so we need to get at them early and we could pick up 3 points.

Blues away or Charlton away for that kind of win? I didn't see the latter. It certainly hasn't happened at home since Huddersfield and that is literally the only one all season.

Coady is a desperately poor footballer, I've grown to despise his presence in the team. £2m for that FFS. I'd rather give Declan Weeks a go.

Blues away or Charlton away for that kind of win? I didn't see the latter. It certainly hasn't happened at home since Huddersfield and that is literally the only one all season.

Coady is a desperately poor footballer, I've grown to despise his presence in the team. £2m for that FFS. I'd rather give Declan Weeks a go.

Charlton was far from deserved. We won by being slightly less shit, although Benik & Jordan did turn on the style in the second half. Must be Blues away. We ruined an okay first half performance at Rotherham by conceding that stupid goal and then deciding to go into frightened hedgehog mode in the second half.

If we bore the pants off them we may get a point but if they shoot from the half way line anything is possible. Would dream a win, take a point but expect a loss

Back