• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

REFERENDUM RESULTS AND DISCUSSION THREAD

Wireless charging is quite inefficient though, I've got one for my phone and did some comparisons vs its wired charger. I then put in a drawer and never used it again.

Wireless charging is quite inefficient though, I've got one for my phone and did some comparisons vs its wired charger. I then put in a drawer and never used it again.

You'd hope this gets better in the future, particularly if it can be done on the move.

Would look at electric when I finally change the car again - big issue at the moment is cost (even with Government grants) - something with a 200 mile range is OK as not often I do a journey that long & even then will have a half hour break which will let me recharge (& have a garage I can put a fast charge system into for when I am at home)

Big issue for me is that to generate the electricity for these then we have to have sufficient power stations - not sure that the renewable element can take up that slack for now, so we are back on fossil fuels which is the problem in the first place.

A good proportion of time in the UK we actually have too much renewables being generated for the demand - it messes with the grid frequency and results in things like electric clocks running too fast. There's a whole industry growing around this, such as grid capacity battery storage and dynamic frequency response devices.

Devices which able to be remotely switched on and off for charging / usage can actually attract lower energy tariffs - for example electric cars at night, or home battery storage etc.

Just reading up on it and apparently driving in the cold can reduce the range by up to half and driving over 65 mph significantly effects it too.

Did 300km in the Tesla on Wednesday, was below zero at the time.

Extreme low temperature will effect range, but we don't really have extreme low temps here. Might lose 10 to 15% from a lithium battery, recharge times from normal sources will slow too i would think.

I did 137000 in 4 years when working on the Olympics 2012. That's still not 1k a week though. I converted a ford ka to lpg to do it too!

I was as a bus driver,depending on routes I was doing around 1800 miles a week! And depending on Rota over 4-5 days

360 mile a day in a 5 day week? Assuming you worked to tacho laws in a 9 hour driving day averaging 40 mph without stops, what was your route Brands Hatch ?? :)

I quite regularly do 4 to 500 a day, but would always stop every 2 to 2.5 hours. Anything else is just dangerous.
Indeed. It is recommended that 2 hours is the maximum driving time before stopping for a break.

360 mile a day in a 5 day week? Assuming you worked to tacho laws in a 9 hour driving day averaging 40 mph without stops, what was your route Brands Hatch ?? :)

One of the routes was the T2 Aberystwyth to Bangor run,110miles each way,it started in Machynlleth,so from there to Aberystwyth 18 miles,then to Bangor,so that's 128 miles,back to Aberystwyth back to Mach, 256 miles,do that 5 times a week 1280 miles! And service buses don't use tachographs, because they're on a scheduled route.
Welsh assembly were looking at a route from Bangor to Cardiff express bus coach type thing,couple of days of that will rack up mega mileage.
Check out some of the long distance coach routes in Europe,your nine hours driving on a tachograph and being double crewed gets some mileage in,London-Prague overnight is 750 odd miles,

Back