• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

REFERENDUM RESULTS AND DISCUSSION THREAD

UK Trade & Business Commission

Since Feb 2020, Liz Truss hasn't met with members of the regional network of advisers that help small and mid-sized firms build export strategies to become successful overseas, recent answers to parliamentary questions have revealed.

“I hope the secretary of state will commit to closer consultation with regional trade experts in future so as to better understand the needs of different parts of the U.K. economy” says co-convenor of the Commission and Leeds Central MP Hilary Benn in response.

Export Minister Graham Stuart’s answers to Benn’s questions show that during the same period ministers held 27 meetings with regional trade advisers. Of these, 10 took place in the Northern Powerhouse region, 1 in the Midlands Engine, 15 in the South, and 1 in London. 3/
UK Trade & Business Commission

The closure of the Swindon Honda factory “reminds us how damaging uninformed government policy can be” says Benn. “It's disappointing that while the government is embarking on new trade deals, the secretary of state is paying little heed to the needs of our regional economies”

In our session on SME barriers to trade, we heard from James Sibley
,Head of International Affairs Federation of Small Businesses. He said: “We’ve spoken for years now about improving the international trade adviser network that DIT operates.

"The regional performance of that is quite patchy.”

Contracts for advisers are outsourced by region says James Sibley
: “The kind of advice on offer to small firms that’s reported back to us can often be quite poor,” he adds, calling for more of a mission to provide “the right advice at the right time”

Contracts for international trade advisers have also offered more money to those operating in England’s wealthiest regions. Labour’s Shadow Trade Secretary Emily Thornberry has argued this needs to change.

Between April 2015 and May 2021, some £179 million worth of export promotion contracts were awarded to advisers across the country, with additional funding added in June.

I thought that was a joke account but no it’s true.

The fucktards in charge are trying to outdo themselves everyday.

Maybe showing his chode again will win us some new business 🤷‍♂️

What's he going to be selling, cricket gear or those machines that stop your legs hurting? Or is Eamon Holmes being lined up to sell them?

Ah yes, Ian Botham with his fantastically superb relationship with Australia. Isn't he still banned from Qantas?

We've also appointed horrible old boot and friend of Farage Kate Hoey to a similar role with Ghana. I'd have done what I used to with Hoddle on Football Manager, edit the game so he was on £70 a week and send him to scout players in Eritrea.

We've also appointed horrible old boot and friend of Farage Kate Hoey to a similar role with Ghana. I'd have done what I used to with Hoddle on Football Manager, edit the game so he was on £70 a week and send him to scout players in Eritrea.
Presumably they have him lined up as special envoy for the disabled.

Jim Davidson to be cultural attaché to the Asian sub continent before a secondment to the West Indies.

Back