• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

REFERENDUM RESULTS AND DISCUSSION THREAD

Squeeze is trying to source a different medication that is chemically very similar but of course that means going to the GP to get another time prescription. Rather a ballache

We're a friendly lot in Walsall North so I'm happy to welcome Nigel Farage this evening - it's a great place to visit. But the local Labour party are protesting about his visit because they don't want us to leave the EU.
Eddie Hughes MP.

Ah that explains the big crowd of folk wearing Brexit Party t-shirts around Willenhall. Off to meet their hero

More unnerving than when we saw all those Dr Who freaks (not Langers) in Manchester.

Corbyn pulls out of talks, so my predicted chain of events:

Brexit Party comfortably largest at Euro elections

May Deal fails again first week of June

May goes end June

Johnson is PM as although Tory MP's hate him they think he'll be the best option electorally so being Tories side on self interest

Johnson wants no deal but can't get it through Parliament

General Election

Tories get working majority

EU gives further extension
Johnson negotiates very little if much different to that achieved by May

No deal or hard Brexit in first half of 2020

Britain is screwed for at least the next two decades

May goes end June

Johnson is PM as although Tory MP's hate him they think he'll be the best option electorally so being Tories side on self interest

General Election

did you dream that ?:icon_lol:

May goes end June

General Election

The flaw in your argument is Johnson bring PM, the parliamentary party will work to keep him off the ballot paper and if he was successful the Tories in parliament would be in open warfare with each other.

I am fairly convinced Michael Gove will get the gig.

The tories have been in open warfare with each other for over 2 years now. Doesn't seem to be as damaging for them as it should do in reality.

Love how the media are spinning the break down as being implied as Corbyns fault for breaking them off. That said, unsure that he's handled this situation particularly well, or politically well either.

I agree with TT's first 3 and last 2 lines though.

I agree with TT up to the GE, but then I can see a Corbyn-led coalition, more extensions because different negotiating party, rinse and repeat the parliamentary deadlock for a while, then ref 2.

He had to make it past the parliamentary party to get his chance. I agree that party members will.fall over themselves to back him, his parliamentary colleagues may choose to prevent that opportunity.
Opinion polls to the wider electorate say that he's the most popular option, now that may well just mean best known and I appreciate he's disliked by a number of MP's in his own Party, but ultimately the thing Tory MP's like more than anything else is their seats. I'm confident he'll be in that top 2 based on their self interest

I agree with TSB. I think it's Gove and a Customs Union in a Norway style agreement but only if Corbyn goes too.

Opinion polls to the wider electorate say that he's the most popular option, now that may well just mean best known and I appreciate he's disliked by a number of MP's in his own Party, but ultimately the thing Tory MP's like more than anything else is their seats. I'm confident he'll be in that top 2 based on their self interest

They didn't allow that to happen last time.

Probably due to the fact he is a fucking gaffe-laden utter incompetent

He pulled out last time didn't he after Gove chose to run himself?

He might not have won the majority of MPs support given all the shite he spouted during the Leave campaign and as T-Boz was inexplicably seen as a "safe pair of hands" at the time, but he would have beaten Leadsom who genuinely has the intelligence of a bin lid.

Many differences:
1) Gove knifed him. Won't happen again
2) They didn't have a minority government
3) They (incorrectly) didn't think there was a GE around the corner

Back