• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Relegation run in 22/23 ** Now a Wolves free zone**

Rather than having him here to be dishonest or insincere...
Can't believe I'm having to explain a shit joke here...

Wolvensam "I'd have him here to be honest"

Bear "I'd rather we had him here to be a good footballer"...

Tredman "Eh?"

Moving on

• Haha
Reactions: b3h
That's quite good from the ol' Cocaine Bear tbf

(If that movie didn't come out over there, these references must seem supremely stupid)

That film looks even worse than my awful joke.

I know we and other clubs borrow money against future TV earnings, but apparently Leicester borrowed against TV money up to the 25/26 season. That's not good if they go down.

Not sure why they needed to do that as they aren't exactly skint, even if they couldn't spend huge amounts due to FFP.

I know we and other clubs borrow money against future TV earnings, but apparently Leicester borrowed against TV money up to the 25/26 season. That's not good if they go down.

Not sure why they needed to do that as they aren't exactly skint, even if they couldn't spend huge amounts due to FFP.
It's not FFP, they lost nearly 100m in their last set of accounts

Didn't we lose a decent amount too, due to Covid?

(edit - Yes £46m loss for the 21/22 season)

I thought they'd spent too heavily in the transfer market for their previous 3 year cycle.

We did, but that was due to an imbalance of TV payments due to the way the season finished, it caught back up the following season.

Their loss is 12 months to May 22, so after any of that

Just had a look and it was a £94m loss for them in the same period, due to Covid and not selling any major players right before that period.

Fofana going for £75m will go onto their next set of published accounts which will help.

Didn't we lose a decent amount too, due to Covid?

(edit - Yes £46m loss for the 21/22 season)

I thought they'd spent too heavily in the transfer market for their previous 3 year cycle.
Our 2021/2 loss came after making a profit the prior year. It was 2019/20 where we took the Covid hit

Yeah but they don’t have the £75m. The accounts say they do but the bank balance doesn’t.

Edit - to bear regarding Leicester

Yeah but they don’t have the £75m. The accounts say they do but the bank balance doesn’t.

Edit - to bear regarding Leicester
FFP has become like the salary cap in the NFL, fans now assume that's the money teams have to spend without actually taking into account the fact you need the cash.

Our 2020-22 recruitment was shoddy but in the last couple of years Leicester have spent around £120m on:

Daka
Soumaré
Vestergaard
Bertrand
Souttar
Faes
Tete
Kristiansen

That is not good. Faes has been one of the worst players in the league all season, unreal how he keeps playing.

Plus £100m plus on Seagrove training ground. That’s a lot of dosh for a training facility, and they can’t sell the old one to get some back as it has a sporting covenant on it.

Plus £100m plus on Seagrove training ground. That’s a lot of dosh for a training facility, and they can’t sell the old one to get some back as it has a sporting covenant on it.
Lovely training ground, though.

Sorry - I was quoting a post from Foxes Talk there. Suffice to say opinion on the training ground is somewhat divided there 🤣

Back