• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Relegation run in 22/23 ** Now a Wolves free zone**

jd1981

Reaction score
Might be worth having a separate thread for the run in.
I think you can include all teams up to Palace in this.
I think 38 points will be ample this season may even be as low as 35.
Media consensus seems to be Everton to big and West Ham to good to go down.
Definitely a feeling that our exit from the bottom three is just temporary.
I thought Saints were already gone but have shown signs of life.

Might be worth having a separate thread for the run in.
I think you can include all teams up to Palace in this.
I think 38 points will be ample this season may even be as low as 35.
Media consensus seems to be Everton to big and West Ham to good to go down.
Definitely a feeling that our exit from the bottom three is just temporary.
I thought Saints were already gone but have shown signs of life.
Well, that's cheered me up. Thanks. :ROFLMAO:

No club is too anything to go down - I can remember Man U getting relegated - but it certainly looks like being on a knife edge for half a dozen or so. I'm really hoping we won't be one of them. We seem to be doing the best business, at least. I thought there were three worse before, and I certainly do now. FWIW, I don't think Bournemouth will stay up, or So'ton, unless they get rid of Jones, so for me it's one from us the other six.

There's half a season and 2 weeks of a window left. Other than the 3 coming from the sides you've highlighted I don't think you can draw many conclusions. Some will pick up points every week as there as so many involved. This weekend Bournemouth are playing Forest and West Ham Everton for example

This is a reasonable gauge of direction of travel though. If you add Palace they are P4 Pts 3 GD -6

Well, that's cheered me up. Thanks. :ROFLMAO:

No club is too anything to go down - I can remember Man U getting relegated - but it certainly looks like being on a knife edge for half a dozen or so. I'm really hoping we won't be one of them. We seem to be doing the best business, at least. I thought there were three worse before, and I certainly do now. FWIW, I don't think Bournemouth will stay up, or So'ton, unless they get rid of Jones, so for me it's one from us the other six.

It’s not me who thinks we’re only temporary outside the bottom 3 more highlighting the media narrow mindedness that usually exists.

Bournemouth seem the most likely to go down. I suspect Everton might get a new manager in shortly which might help them, but the club is toxic at the moment and that may well outweigh any bounce. Palace are on a bad run and have a tough run of fixtures but I think they, together with Leicester and West Ham have enough quality to get out of trouble. Forest are really competitive and first-season adrenalin will see them safe. If I had to bet I'd say Bournemouth, Southampton and Everton to drop, with Leeds just ahead of them. Oh and we'll be fine barring disastrous injuries or bad luck..

It’s not me who thinks we’re only temporary outside the bottom 3 more highlighting the media narrow mindedness that usually exists.
They clearly weren't at Molineux on Saturday. :D

Everything I've seen or heard in the national media in the last 48 hours about us has been positive with a general theme that Lopetegui has pulled us around. West Ham are too good to go down on paper, they don't have a bottom 3 squad, but as we saw under Lage that counts for nothing if the talent isn't managed correctly. On Saturday they played like one. There's a reasonable chance we'll be back in the bottom 3 on Saturday night. All it would take is a positive result in the West Ham v Everton game and a home win for either Bournemouth or Southampton. That wouldn't mean we'd regressed even if it were followed up with a loss on Sunday

Aye, we'll probably be back in the bottom three after the next two games, but once we climb out again we'll pull clear. Absolute confidence, even if we don't manage to bring a centre half in

I’m pretty confident we’re going to pull ourselves out of it now, too. I wouldn’t be surprised if we picked up a result in the next two games (even if it’s just 1 point), the confidence in the team is growing, they’re buying into what Lopetegui is doing and we seem to be signing the right players too. I’m more looking forward to what we can (hopefully) achieve next year - JL is the real deal.

We’ve got the immediate results we badly needed whilst you can see a clearer plan on the pitch. Now we need performances to go up a notch slightly I think so that we can create more and concede less shots/chances. That should come though as even individually you can already see improvements from a lot of the players. I was hoping for 12 points from JL’s first 8 games. Win 2 of next 4 and we’ve beaten that.

Southampton have won their last 3 matches lets not forget , they might be Cup matches - 2 of them - but that's sure to breed confidence . Fulham had their work cut out to beat them in the league a few weeks ago ( a Fulham team in form ) .

It's far from clear in my view who will go down . New Manager in at Everton and maybe elsewhere and God only knows the positive impact that might have .

We should just need to concentrate on ourselves .

Saturday was a good example of why more goals are needed . We might have deserved to win , but no way should it have been that tight .

I think one of Everton or West Ham will go down, possibly both. Bournemouth. Southampton.
Forest have had a few good results but will still be in the mix.
Really any of the bottom half from Palce down are in danger including us of course.
If we carry on with our average points per game under Julen Lopetegui, we'll have 50 and of course thats how football works😉

Maintain our current form (W, L, D) over 19 games and we should be fine. And I expect us to put at least a couple of back-to-back wins together over the remaining 19 games.

Maintain our current form (W, L, D) over 19 games and we should be fine. And I expect us to put at least a couple of back-to-back wins together over the remaining 19 games.
I expect something out of City and Liverpool, 4 points would not surprise me.

Fancy a Point Sat, and 3 v Pool.

Back