• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Relegation run in 22/23 ** Now a Wolves free zone**

We’re exactly halfway though the season and out of the bottom 3. You would think the 2nd half of the season would yield more points than the 1st half so we’ve got a great chance of staying up now.

Pretty sure we play on Sunday - don’t worry I got it Kenny
I was not just talking about us, I was making a general point that if games were a foregone conclusion we would all win fortunes every day.

City are a fantastic side packed full of Talent, but they don't win every week.

Liverpool are a good team again packed with talent, but are devoid of confidence.

Lopetegui will have us at the races, and fully fancy us to get a bit of luck that has deserted us recently.

Football fans are, in the main, very reactive. We'll be back as everyone's favourites to go back down after the next couple of games when we're inevitably back in the bottom three (unless we can somehow convert form/performances to points against City & Liverpool).

Personally, I think Bournemouth will go down. I'm still far from convinced by Forest. But Everton are a club in crises both on and off the pitch, normally that only ends up one way. I think the only way they survive is if they sack Lampard and get an experienced head in. Leeds and Southampton both have shite managers, but enough quality within their squads to keep chipping away with wins here and there. So I'll go for Bournemouth, Everton & Forest. I reckon Moyes will sort out West Ham eventually.

We’re exactly halfway though the season and out of the bottom 3. You would think the 2nd half of the season would yield more points than the 1st half so we’ve got a great chance of staying up now.
Was thinking today about the old "team bottom at Christmas always goes down" truism, which was trotted out this season despite the WC break. In reality we're probably at "Christmas" around now (good for us, bad for Southampton).

Probably need to go into the last 2 games not needing a result. Pound for pound our squad is probably better than at least 5 teams maybe 6 but football just isn’t that simple.
I think it’ll be hairy but hopefully we’re secure with time to spare.

It’s stupidly close down there at the bottom, at this point it’s important not to get cut adrift. At the moment we’re only 5 points off 12th and 2 points above 20th. I’m a lot more confident than I was but there’s a long way to go

We could be hit with injuries but I don't think these players and this manager will be relegated. We are an upper mid table team at worst and that will see us pick up more than enough points in the second half of the season.

We won, what, 2 out of the first 17? And we've already won 2 of the remaining 21. Pretty confident we can have a significantly better return in final 19 than the first .

No complacency, but I think Julen will keep us afloat mentally, which counts for so much in a relegation battle

Dean Henderson set to miss 3-4 weeks with a thigh injury sustained against Leicester. Hennessey set to deputise (though Forest may consider signing another 3 keepers in January)

Danny Murphy this morning named us as 1 of his 3 (alongside Southampton and Bournemouth) to go down after watching us last night. His reasons:

"First game they won in last minute against Everton, should have lost"
"They would have lost against Aston Villa if Bailey could finish" (no mention of our first half performance)
"went out to Forest in the League Cup, went out to Liverpool in the replay" (no mention of the original game against his beloved Reds)

Simon Jordan asked how he sees Everton getting out of this as 'they're all over the place' and Frank doesn't have a clue what to do and Murphy replied "they'll just find away"

Danny Murphy is a crap pundit, just reels off the same old clichés all the time, rarely has anything insightful to say.

Last edited:
I can't stand Danny Murphy either. The Lawro slash Yellow Bastard wannabe prick.

Danny Murphy this morning named us as 1 of his 3 (alongside Southampton and Bournemouth) to go down after watching us last night. His reasons:

"First game they won in last minute against Everton, should have lost"
"They would have lost against Aston Villa if Bailey could finish" (no mention of our first half performance)
"went out to Forest in the League Cup, went out to Liverpool in the replay" (no mention of the original game against his beloved Reds)

Simon Jordan asked how he sees Everton getting out of this as 'they're all over the place' and Frank doesn't have a clue what to do and Murphy replied "they'll just find away"

Well that’s just contradictory stuff using a last minute win and a missed chance by another side as evidence against us is just as much finding a way. If we’d taken our other chances before Villa equalised we’d have got two extra points. What he’s done is picked out the 3 sides he knows he’ll get the less of a backlash from if he predicts them to go down. “Everton will find a way” ok how? Back it up.
Look we still might go down but since resumption we’re one of the most improved sides. Lazy stuff really.
Don’t want to sound “woe me” or a victim but we’re just an easy target with the media and pundits. What he’s done is:

Everton: to big and I’ll get accused of bias
Leeds: big fan base and I’ll get accused’s of anti Leeds
West Ham: as above
Leicester: won the league and cup so to good
Forrest: won a couple of games so no chance
Bournemouth and Southampton are fair calls but both are currently better than Everton.
With us his picked the least vocal fan base at the rest and stuck us in.

Last edited:
Back