• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Return of The Wolf...

Can't even open the website over here, over to Parkin and Wolfie for the new season for me.

Why don't you just follow it on Twitter? I actually find it more reliable than the atrocious radio commentary.

According to Ofcom its just:

5CThpdI.png

Jesus I can't even get that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It better have. That is $#@! coverage.
Fingers crossed WM still have their DAB broadcasts.

BBC WM Sport 95.6 ‏@sportbbcwm 1h1 hour ago

Delighted to have signed a new 3 year deal to bring #wwfc games to Wolves fans across the West Mids.

Why don't you just follow it on Twitter? I actually find it more reliable than the atrocious radio commentary.

+1, always follow official Wolves when we are away while watching Gillette Soccer Saturday.

I haven't listened to radio commentary for a number of years, it is pretty evident though from the matchday threads on here that what they describe bears little to no resemblance to what's happening on the pitch. Actually worse than having nothing, I'd rather not know and find out later than be fed a load of rubbish.

Funnily enough the last time I regularly listened to the radio (and was driven away from it) was when The Wolf last had it and George Andrews told us 5,000 times a game that the ball went "spinning away", absolute tripe.

I like the excitement of a phone alert if not there. Reminds me of the WM goal horn before the dickheads took over. I will still listen via Wm if we aren't the game on.

DW - yes George used to piss me off with his 'spinning' comments

So frustrating listening to football commentary because the information content is minimal. How do those guys get the gig in the first place. Clueless buffoons.

Football coverage is farcical in this country. I live just over 5 mins walk from Bramall lane yet I can't listen to there matches on the digital radio as it isn't smart enough to know I ain't streaming it. Do they really think radio and TV coverage is what stops people going to games, I will probably end up getting Wolves player but the commentary is $#@! and I begrudge paying for such low quality broadcast standards.

I would be interested to know the reason for DRM restrictions on radio. I listen to radio through Sonos at home, so can't get WM commentary and lost 5 live coverage on Prem games last year as they are DRM restricted, presumably following a deal with Talksport, which is avaialable. I won't also get Signal for the same reason. Like others have said the standard of Wolvesplayer is poor.

As bmb says I can't believe the presence of radio commentary dissuades people from going to games which I thought was the reason for no live Saturday afternoon TV of football and likewise, wouldn't have thought the radio audience for a Wolves commentary is particularly large. Do Wolves really make that much from Wolvesplayer outside of local users that they want the commentary restricted? I just find the whole thing a bit small minded in this day and age.

I would be interested to know the reason for DRM restrictions on radio. I listen to radio through Sonos at home, so can't get WM commentary and lost 5 live coverage on Prem games last year as they are DRM restricted, presumably following a deal with Talksport, which is avaialable. I won't also get Signal for the same reason. Like others have said the standard of Wolvesplayer is poor.

As bmb says I can't believe the presence of radio commentary dissuades people from going to games which I thought was the reason for no live Saturday afternoon TV of football and likewise, wouldn't have thought the radio audience for a Wolves commentary is particularly large. Do Wolves really make that much from Wolvesplayer outside of local users that they want the commentary restricted? I just find the whole thing a bit small minded in this day and age.

I've got a sonos too - thought we might get sports commentary back shortly when BBC sort out their geolocked streams

Wolves ‏@OfficialWolves 6 mins6 minutes ago

And in terms of Wolves Player, fans of last season's commentator @BurrowsMikey step forward..............don't all rush at once......anyone?

Wolves ‏@OfficialWolves 6 mins6 minutes ago

Well anyway, delighted to say we are linking up with Commercial broadcast partners @signal107 so that commentary from Mikey and a pundit....

Wolves ‏@OfficialWolves 4 mins4 minutes ago

....will also be heard on Wolves Player. Includes all the best build-up with Kenny interviews and additional features leading up to kick off

Wolves ‏@OfficialWolves 3 mins3 minutes ago

We've asked Mikey - infact we're demanding - more of the same from last season.....https://audioboom.com/boos/3143394-wolves-player-end-of-season-montage … Bring it on!

Which radio stations / frequency will be doing live commentary today ?

Back