• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Rubbish Pubs

I've been in Ths Swan once, was like the pub time forgot. Horrible place

Essington is further down, man.

I'm having it.

The Gate and The Crown & Sceptre in Vention are also no more. The Milestone was still going last time I checked but none of my family live there any more so I haven't been in ages.

Essington is further down, man.

I'm having it.

The Gate and The Crown & Sceptre in Vention are also no more. The Milestone was still going last time I checked but none of my family live there any more so I haven't been in ages.
The Old Mitre has finally succumb, its now apartments..

Yeah, I know mate. Sad stuff really.

The one in Manchester is even more annoying, the uni bought it up for no reason and as far as I know have done nothing with it. Cracking pub that was.

Willenhall is a weird one. Used to go there a fair bit with my Da to do a Morrisons shop together. There are an inexplicable number of terrible looking pubs but they're all still seemingly open. No idea how they make any money.

Never been in so it may or may not be nice but The Poets Corner these days is a eyesore of the highest order. It seems to be the epicentre of everything bad round there..

Used to go past that every day on the bus on the way to school. Looked shocking even in the early/mid 90s.

Beechdale has a couple of serious craphouses too.

Talking of pubs and missing watching Wolves the past year, Im going to make a promise of coming to see a lot of folk in the pubs before matchdays next season. You dont know what you miss until its taken away from you.

Used to go past that every day on the bus on the way to school. Looked shocking even in the early/mid 90s.

Beechdale has a couple of serious craphouses too.
Milestone has always had the monopoly around The Vention and is the last man standing that half decent now..

It was absolutely rough as dogs when we first moved there in 1988 but it got better as time went on. I don't think I've been in there since about 2010, mind.

Do peeps frequent The Western still on matchdays ?

Nah, not really. Too far away, gets too busy, no sport.

But the twat of a landlord is fucking off, which is a bonus.

Willenhall is a weird one. Used to go there a fair bit with my Da to do a Morrisons shop together. There are an inexplicable number of terrible looking pubs but they're all still seemingly open. No idea how they make any money.
my brother lives in willenhall, and my parents come from there. both grandparents lived there.
willenhall is like a land time forgot. Almost everything is about 15-20 years behind the rest of the world!
spend a lot of time over there at various social clubs, owing to the bowling.

Nah, not really. Too far away, gets too busy, no sport.

But the twat of a landlord is fucking off, which is a bonus.

Thought he'd be carried out in a box tbh.

We used to go there for eveey home game but pied it off for those reasons, The Stile gets equally as busy but you're waiting for a fraction of the time.

my brother lives in willenhall, and my parents come from there. both grandparents lived there.
willenhall is like a land time forgot. Almost everything is about 15-20 years behind the rest of the world!
spend a lot of time over there at various social clubs, owing to the bowling.
Ahhh, but Willenhall has Sydney Watts butchers, which raises it right up in my eyes.

Used to go in here a fair bit when my ex's sister worked in there. Didn't look any better than it did in this photo.

willenhall_rushbrookefarthing2.jpg

Do peeps frequent The Western still on matchdays ?
Pre lockdown I popped in for a pint on the way home from work most weekdays. I really like the place when it is like that, not overly busy, and they know me so start pouring my beer when I walk through the door. On match days now it is chaos after midday. Just gets far too busy.

Back