• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Rugby League Thread

My Nephew lives in Toronto, he supports Toronto FC, the Blue Jays and the Maple Leafs, never heard any mention of Rugby League so I'm not sure whether it'll catch on enough.

Wolves dishing out a bollicking, you don't hear that very often lately.

Agreed, he's a good appointment, he's got Widnes playing some great stuff

Wolves a looking real champions material (it's always their year!) Wigans league position flatters them, they just don't seem to have the creative edge to break teams down, not taking anything away from Warrington

Great win for Huddersfield tonight, looks like Leeds are going to miss out on the last 8, just wish they were this shit when I took my dad to old Trafford last season, gits!!!

Another cracking game last night, Paul Anderson doing well like Dennis Betts, good to see some good young English coaches coming through.

So whinos are bottom of the pile? Who would have thought it? Perhaps their supporters can understand humility now. I very much doubt it though.

Looking grim for them tonight too, can't see Brian McDermot lasting much longer.

Hull have scored some cracking tries tonight.

Up in Newcastle for the magic weekend, next stop St James park and Salford v Widness, happy days

No sign of the Rhino's demise coming to an end.

Brilliant day yesterday, wish I'd have got the weekend passes now. Great to take my dad, my brother, wife and my youngest lad to watch them.

Top entertainment over 3 games and plenty of fun with the fans! Widness, Warrington and Wigan all in the same stand, beer flowing, songs sang, all a good laugh. Must admit I thought the whole thing a bit gimmicky when I saw it on the telly but it really does work well as a format.

As for the games, two entertaining games (Castleford are a good watch) and a Wigan win against a very poor Leeds side. Sad to see them a shell of what they were last year.

Zak Hardaker listed at £300k by the whinos!

Wants to try the NRL by the sounds of it, can't argue with a player wanting to prove himself at the highest level of competition. He's a good player, although not without his issues. For some reason he hasn't looked at the races this term, but he's not been on his own there at Leeds, truely shocking season and not good for the game to have such a weak Leeds side.

He will be missed in the Super league but I guess the balance of power is firmly in the Southern Hemisphere at the moment

Huddersfield Giants player Ronan Costello is in a critical condition at Leeds General Infirmary after being hurt in an Under-19s game on Saturday. Very sad news indeed, and it again shows the dangers associated with contact sports. Hopefully he can pull through.

Back