• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Sako/Dicko ACON watch

I'll be watching all of Mali's games in depth this time with Sako being involved. Hopefully he can do well and more importantly come back without any injuries.

Mali have games against, Cameroon, Ivory Coast and Guinea and in all fairness we should see Sako back home before the start of February, because Mali aren't really making it through that group.

Mali's games

Cameroon (Tuesday 20th Jan) 7pm
Ivory Cost (Saturday 24th Jan) 4pm
Guinea (Wednesday 28th Jan) 6pm

All games live on ITV4

Is it all on ITV 3&4 then? will try and have a watch but I can't see myself getting away with watching too many games during those time slots. Cameroon aren't the power they once were, had a quick look at there squad, and whilst my knowledge of world football is no where near what it used it, I didn't recognise too many of the players.

As far as I know only Eurosport are showing the games live. There are highlights on ITV4 every night.

Yep, not on TV here for the first time I can remember. Massively disappointing.

Thanks for this, i will be watching as many matches i can

What happens if in the next round of group games one finishes as a draw?

Drawing of lots.

Last tournament it went to the teams with the fewest yellow cards.

I was saying to someone how impressed I was with the technique with which he hits that, it made me think of the Spanish lad Alfonso and of Denilson who I always used to associate with that tremendous sort of balance and flexibility to hit that sort of rising ball back towards goal without getting too much underneath it (both of who played for Betis and then Barca incidentally), genuinely a very hard thing to do if you have ever tried it. Right near the end of the Brighton v Arsenal match today a very similar chance occurred for Ramsey, who executed it poorly and put it well over.

Fantastic goal from Sako.

He's on the bench, along with S. Yatabare. Probably just a fitness concern. "Raisons de santé" can refer to that in a football context.

As long as it isn't a dose of bloody malaria or something like that, I can live with him missing the game. Especially if Mali go out.

probably get over malaria quicker than an injury

Penalty not given to Mali that was stonewall. Now a penalty to Guinea which looks to have been a fine decision by the linesman.

Back