• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Sako/Dicko ACON watch

We'll miss Sako but we have decent backup for his position. VLP can play there and so can Jacobs.

Dicko would have been a much bigger loss.

I've have mixed feelings about Sako, love watching when he plays well but frustrates the crap outta me most of the time and tbf its some time since he last scored, Dicko is far more imortant to the overall structure of the team imo. Would like to see Jordan Graham given a go in that position. VLP is aslo frustrating but we have been better since he came into the side, despite his poor quality on the ball his direct quick running seems make defenders make mistakes

With Sako away Henry comes into the side, simple as IMO. If he continues his poor form then another chance for Jacobs. Might get to see Eusebio Bancessi or Jordan Graham on the bench at some point.

With Sako away Henry comes into the side, simple as IMO. If he continues his poor form then another chance for Jacobs. Might get to see Eusebio Bancessi or Jordan Graham on the bench at some point.

I think the biggest issue we have with all of those you have listed is none of them can play effectively on the left. I wouldn't be surprised to see a loan signing come in for a month after the Fulham game.

I think the biggest issue we have with all of those you have listed is none of them can play effectively on the left. I wouldn't be surprised to see a loan signing come in for a month after the Fulham game.

Hasn't Ken already ruled that out?

Interesting stat from the BBC. Read into it as much as you like.

When Bakary Sako and Nouha Dicko have both started, Wolves have won eight, drawn two and lost two.
When the duo have not started, Wolves have won two, drawn five and lost five.

Interesting stat from the BBC. Read into it as much as you like.

When Bakary Sako and Nouha Dicko have both started, Wolves have won eight, drawn two and lost two.
When the duo have not started, Wolves have won two, drawn five and lost five.

interesting

so Dicko + Sakho = 26 points out of possible 36 (auto promotion form)
no Dicko + Sakho = 11 points out of possible 36 (auto relegation form)

would like to see similar for us with and without Price

VLP has played on the left plenty. Henry plays on the right.

You'll see how much we miss Sako when we haven't got him in.

I think it's easier to work around not having Sako in the team than Dicko,Sako needs Dicko more than Dicko needs Sako.

interesting

so Dicko + Sakho = 26 points out of possible 36 (auto promotion form)
no Dicko + Sakho = 11 points out of possible 36 (auto relegation form)

would like to see similar for us with and without Price

But Price has started one game? Wouldn't that be a totally pointless stat?

While I think Price has tightened our midfield up a bit and I'm happy to have him there, in all of the games he's played he has given the ball away a couple of times in poor areas when not under any real pressure so he needs to cut that out of his game, got away with it so far

While I think Price has tightened our midfield up a bit and I'm happy to have him there, in all of the games he's played he has given the ball away a couple of times in poor areas when not under any real pressure so he needs to cut that out of his game, got away with it so far

Price hasn't been any better than Evans but McDonald has been better with Edwards and then Price along side him. Not sure if thats down to how Evans plays or just that Kev fell out badly of form and is now back on track.

Back