• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Scott Golbourne

Kenny

🤨
Staff member
Reaction score
Delayed start to his pre-season due to an "ongoing foot problem"

Not liking this injury that doesn't seem to want to sort itself out.

Not good news. Hause rarely let us down at LB but I wouldn't like to see him there long term, we lose so much going forward and it's not good for his development to be playing out of position all the time. I never want to see Tommy Rowe at full back again. Maybe Deslandes has a chance to step up ahead of schedule.

Who is the Academy left back (I have probably asked this about a million times but his name doesn't stick)

Wouldn't be surprised to see Simpson get a go. Seems to be very highly rated.

Personally, I think we'll sign someone fairly uninspiring as cover - who will end up starting the season until Scott is back.

Personally, I think we'll sign someone fairly uninspiring as cover - who will end up starting the season until Scott is back.

Big George is available....

Fuck, this is going to plague him throughout his whole career isn't it?

One of Kenny and co's best signings.

Big George is available....

Lee Naylor as well.

I don't think we are (or should be) in the business of spending money on players who we don't see as first team material. If we do sign a left back then they have to have at least the potential to keep Golbourne out on merit when both are fit, signing crappy filler à la Halford, Surman etc never works.

Lee Naylor as well.

I don't think we are (or should be) in the business of spending money on players who we don't see as first team material. If we do sign a left back then they have to have at least the potential to keep Golbourne out on merit when both are fit, signing crappy filler à la Halford, Surman etc never works.

Indeed - I'm happy with Hause playing there until Golbourne is back. I just hope it's not something that's going to continually cause him problems.

Not looking good, I take it, it's the same problem that plagued him last season?

They'll use Rowe

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

He can't play at left back though. He's too slow, he doesn't get forward, for all Ken's weird talk about leaving Scott out because he wanted to defend diagonal balls better he is rubbish in the air and can't defend the back stick at all. I'd rather stick Doherty there and you know what I think of him.

I'd rather stick Doherty there and you know what I think of him.

Probably his best performance of the season came at left back v Bournemouth (until that cuntstick of a ref took over)

Probably his best performance of the season came at left back v Bournemouth (until that cuntstick of a ref took over)

Up there with Danny Dyer's best film and Starsailor's best track...

Nah seriously he was ok that day. Better than Rowe ever looked there anyway. I still have nightmares about that 10 minutes where the latter seemed determined to give Middlesbrough a goal right after we'd scored.

Rowe was ok for me. Nothing spectacular and the odd occasion of looking like a midfielder playing out of position but he wasn't as bad as it gets made out. I wouldn't want him there again though

Millwall away he twice kicked the ball up in the air across goal, no idea what his intentions were either.

He's not terrible he's just 'meh'.

It's a shame we finally get a quality left back and he has these injury issues. I'd certainly be looking for a new one if these problems persist, I don't want Hause at left back. He needs to play in the middle again now.

Back